Eight

Previously;
Madison saw the look on Adam's face. "Sophie. Talk to us. What happened?"

"That sick bastard over there. He touched Evie..."
Now;

Madison looked at Sophie and then at Adam. "You what? Touched her how?" She asked. She was scared of the answer.

Sophie wiped away her tears. "She told me he touched her down below. Then he smacked her and said he would hurt her again and then kill all of us."

Madison was fuming. She looked at Adam. "I want the truth and I want it now."

Rachel sighed. "You know what Evie is like. She has a tendency to make up stories," she said.

Madison looked at her mum. "No. Don't you dare. You're not gonna blame her for anything!"

Max looked at Sophie and sighed. "Go and bring Evie down. Tell her she's not in any trouble at all."

Sophie shook her head. "She won't come down. She's scared of him."

Max nodded. He was going to get Evie.

***
Evie looked up as her daddy walked in. "Hello darling," he said as he sat on the bed with her. He saw how scared she looked. "Will you come downstairs with daddy?" He asked.

Evie shook her head. "No. Bad man."

"He won't touch you. Daddy will hold you. Mummy's down there too," Max said.

"And Soph?"

Max nodded and smiled. "Yes. She's down there too. No one will hurt you while I'm around."

***
Madison saw Max coming downstairs with Evie. She could tell her daughter had been crying. "Hey baby. Are you okay?" She asked.

Evie shook her head. She looked at her mummy. "The Bad man hurt me," she mumbled.

"I know baby. But can you tell mummy and daddy what he did? I know you told Sophie and mummy is so proud of you for that."

Adam scoffed. "Proud of her for telling lies?!"

"I suggest you shut your mouth," Max spat. He felt Evie shaking and held her close.

Evie held her arms out for Madison who happily took her little girl. "Baby, can mummy show nanny your legs where you've got poorlys?" She asked.

"O-Otay."

Madison looked at Max who went to get Evie's dressing gown. He went upstairs and brought it back down. Madison put it on her daughter and took down her leggings. "Come here then mother," she spat.

Rachel walked over and saw the finger like bruises on her granddaughters thighs. She looked at Adam. "What possessed you to touch up an innocent little girl?" She asked.

Adam rolled his eyes. "I didn't touch the little brat."

"Es you did! You telled me it game that mummy play with daddy. You telled me you hurt my Soph and my mummy," Evie mumbled.

Max picked her up and held her close. He looked at Sophie. "Take her upstairs and keep her there. I'm calling the police."

As soon as Evie was out the way, Madison went for Adam. "I'll kill you for this!" She yelled.

Max had to hold her back as the police arrived. They took Adam immediately and arrested for child abuse.

But the whole ordeal was far from over for Evie.