Five

Maddison didn't know how to handle that Max had a sixteen year old daughter. She was four years younger than her. She didn't think she could do it. She didn't think she could look after a sixteen year old girl.

When Maddison woke, she saw Evie sitting on her bed. "What's wrong?" Maddison asked as she sat up.

Evie sighed and crossed her arms. "I wants to see the pretty girl who say she mine sister," she said.

Maddison groaned. She knew Evie wouldn't let things go until she got what she wanted. She was like Max in that aspect.

***
Against her better judgment, Maddison decided to take Evie to see Max and Sophie. She knew it would be hard but she wanted to make her daughter happy.

Maddison pulled up outside. She was thankful it was a Saturday. Evie was excited. She couldn't wait. Maddison took her from the car.

Evie ran to the front door and knocked as loud as she could. Max opened the door and smiled. "Hello you."

"Me want see my sissy."

Max looked at Maddison who nodded. Max put her down and she toddled inside. Max walked over to Maddison. "Come on babe. I want my three girls in the house with me."

***
Evie and Sophie were sitting in the living room. They were both playing with Evie's dolls. Maddison and Max were talking in the kitchen.

Maddison sighed. "Did you ever intend to tell me about her? Cause I was sixteen when I got knocked up with Evie. Your daughter was 12. You could have told me," she mumbled.

Max nodded. "I know I should have told you. But would you have wanted to be with me if you knew I had a daughter?"

"Yes. Cause it wouldn't have mattered to me Max. I loved you for you and no amount of baggage would have changed that. I'm still hurt that you cheated on me. But I think I can get over it. I just want you," Maddison admitted.

***
Max took Evie to get some food shopping. Maddison went to sit with Sophie. "So, you're the one my dad won't stop talking about?" Sophie asked.

Maddison laughed. "Yeah that's me."

***
Max and Evie were in Waitrose. Evie giggled. "Can me live with you?" She asked.

"You'll have to ask your mummy. But daddy wants you and mummy to live with me and Sophie," Max said.

Evie giggled again. "Is dat so you can make babies with mine mummy?"

Max didn't have an answer for that. He stayed quiet.

***
Maddison and Sophie were talking. They found themselves getting close. Sophie smiled. "You're a lot prettier than my so called mum."

"Thanks lovely. Evie's the cutest out of me and her though."

The door opened and Evie came toddling in. "Mummy! Daddy say me and you can live here!"

"Oh. Did he now?"

Evie nodded.

***
Maddison was helping Max unpack the shopping bags. She looked at him. "Do you think getting Evie to ask me will mean I move in?" She asked.

"Maybe."

Maddison laughed. "I'll tell you what. Let's take things slow. We go on dates. And we take things extremely slow. Then we'll see how things go."

Max agreed. Maddison kissed his lips gently and sighed. Could she ever give him that second chance?