Eleven

Madison walked downstairs. She saw Max sitting on the sofa. Evie asleep on his lap. "I didn't hear her. Is she okay?" She asked.

Max sighed. "I found her asleep outside our bedroom door. She's going to need help Madison. We can't let her go through this," he told her.

"I know."

"I tried to put her back into bed but she didn't want to go. She wanted to stay with me. Or go in bed with you," Max said.

Madison nodded and sighed. She sat down next to Max and put the blanket over their sleeping daughter. She felt a tear slip down her cheeks. "I'm such crap mum. I let my own baby girl get hurt by that monster," she sobbed.

Max sighed. He knew how Madison was blaming herself and he didn't want her to. He took her hand and sighed. "Stop blaming yourself for this. Because it's not your fault at all. You weren't to know what he was capable of."

Madison wiped away the tears. The relationship was tense with Max and she didn't like it. She looked at him. "Do you blame me?" She asked.

Max shook his head. "No. Not at all. You didn't cause this. Adam Fleet did. And when he's sent to prison, someone will make him pay."

Madison sighed and nodded. She cuddled into Max and held their daughter close.

****

Sophie walked into the living room. She saw Madison asleep on the sofa with Evie. Max smiled. "Sleep okay?" He asked his older daughter.

Sophie nodded. "Yeah I'm fine dad. Is Evie okay?"

"She will be. Madison isn't doing too good. She's blaming herself for what happened," Max told her as he looked at her. He sighed. "The best thing we can do is just pull together and be a family."

****

Sophie was sitting outside with Evie who was playing in her playhouse. Madison walked into Max who was in his study. "I need to talk to you."

"About?"

Madison sighed. "I'm late. Three weeks," she said as she looked over at him. She sat on the desk. "I thought it was stress because of everything that's happened. But now, I'm not so sure."

Max nodded. "I'll go and pick up a test."

Madison took a deep breath and looked at him. "Maybe get some food in too? In case you see anyone from work," she told him.

"You're on."

****

Max returned with Madison's pregnancy test. He saw his three girls sitting on the sofa. "Babe?"

Madison smiled at the young girls before she stood up and followed Max upstairs. He handed her the test. "I'll support whatever you want," he said as he kissed her.

"Thanks."

Madison went into their en-suite and took the test. She washed her hands and picked it up. Max was waiting on the bed for her. "Well?"

"Gotta wait a few minutes. If... if it is positive, I think I want an abortion. It's not the right time for us to have a baby. We both know it," Madison said.

Max nodded. Despite knowing he wanted another baby with Madison, he knew it was the right time. Especially with everything that Evie had been through. "That's fine. We can  sort that out."

Madison picked up the test and felt a tear slip down her cheeks. "Positive," she mumbled.

Max held her close and kissed her head. "It'll be okay. I promise you. We can get through this," he told her.

Madison nodded and went to check on the girls. But could she really go through with an abortion?