Seventeen

Madison sighed as she sat in the kitchen. Her head was a mess. She knew how she had contacted a lawyer about custody of Evie and Sophie.

She knew that Sophie wasn't her blood. But she was her daughter. And she did want to make it work. No matter what.

Madison looked to see Evie as she walked into the room and smiled.  "Hi baby," she said as she picked up her little girl and smiled. 

"Sissy sad," Evie told her.

Madison frowned. "I know things aren't easy at the minute. but I promise. No one will hurt you." 

"Like daddy and how he hurt sissy?"

"Hey. I know how things are. But daddy would never hurt you. It will be okay. Mummy is going to do all that she can to keep you safe," Madison said as Evie smiled.

"Go play. Go and wake sure Sophie is up. she has school. I've got some calls to make," Madison said as Evie ran off.

Madison looked to her and sighed as she picked up the phone and sighed. She dialled a number and sighed.

"Yes. I'm calling on some advice. It's about custody for my daughter and step daughter sort of," Madison said.

She knew how things were and she knew how it wasn't easy. But she knew what Max was like. And she knew how he had hurt her.

He had hurt Sophie and she knew that she didn't trust him. She wasn't going to give him a chance to hurt them again.

****

Madison got to work. She smiled as she looked to Sophie. "We need to talk," Madison said.

Sophie frowned as she lead her to the empty classroom. She looked to her. "Is everything okay? Am I in trouble?" Sophie asked. 

Madison smiled. "No I want to talk to you about things. And you're not a kid anymore. So I won't treat you like one. I'm suing for custody of you and Evie. I don't trust your dad. I know that he hurt you. I am not going to sit back and let him do it to you anymore. I am going to do all I can to keep you safe. I want you to be okay with it."

Sophie looked to her and smiled.  "I'd rather be with you I know he's my dad. But I don't trust him at all," Sophie said as Madison hugged her and smiled.

She knew she'd do anything to keep Evie and Sophie safe.

****

Madison sat in her classroom. She looked to see Max as he walked in. She looked to him and rolled her eyes.  "I think that we need to talk," he said.

Madison rolled her eyes. "I have nothing to say to you. Why don't you say it to Kim Campbell?"

"Be mature."

"Really? You're telling me to be mature. You're a joke."

"I want to see the girls."

"No. I am doing all I can to protect them. Stay away from them," she spat.

She knew how she was going for custody. And she knew that the last thing she wanted was to tell him how she was going to do that.

"You can't stop me."

"Try me Max," she said as they glared at each other.

She knew that it wasn't going to be pretty. But she was prepared for a war with Max Tyler.