Eighteen

Madison sat in the house and sighed. She knew how things were with max but she knew that she was doing her best for Sophie and Evie.

And she knew how none of it was easy. She knew that she was seeing about going for full custody.

She knew that it didn't matter with Evie as she was her daughter. But Sophie was another subject as she had been passed around all her life. And Madison knew how none of that was fair.        

Madison knew how her daughter deserved better. She saw Sophie as her daughter either way.

Max was never there for her and her mother had hurt and abused Sophie. And Madison knew that she wasn't going to let Sophie go through that. She knew how Sophie deserved better.

Madison stood in the kitchen with Evie and smiled. "Come on. You need to eat up we're going to be late," she said.

Evie sat playing with her food. "Yes mummy," she said.

Madison walked over to her. She brushed her hair out of her face and smiled as she looked to her. "Mummy loves you so much. You're such a good girl."

"Not like daddy," Evie said.

Madison looked to her and frowned. "Hmm something like that. Is Sophie up?" She asked as Evie shrugged.

Madison sighed. She knew that she needed to get a bigger house.

She knew Evie and Sophie were sharing a room. And none of that was fair on either of them.

Madison knew she wanted what was best for her girls.

****

Madison walked into the school with Sophie as she looked to her. She knew how she'd do anything for that girl. And to look after her.

"I know that none of this is easy for you. But I want you to know that you have nothing to worry about I am going to do all I can to get custody of you. And then we will get a bigger house and you can get your own room," Madison said.

"That would be nice. But you know what my dad is like. He's not going to sign custody of me over. And he will use it as a way to worm his way back in. Or take Evie," she said.

Madison looked to her and smiled. "I know that you're worried, okay. But you don't need to be okay. It will all be okay. I am not going to let him take you away from me," Madison said as Sophie looked to her and smiled before she walked off. 

****

Madison walked into the office. She sighed as she she saw Max. "Here. These are custody papers for Sophie. She wants to be with me. And you have screwed up those girls enough. So if you set half the decent dad those girls think you are, then you will sign them," she said. 

"Why would I do that?" He asked.

"Because it's for Sophie. And what's best for her. You maybe an ass Max. But you're a good father," Madison said as they held a look

But would Max actually sign the papers? Knowing he could use them to his advantage?