One

"Mummy, does I have a daddy?" Three year old Evie-Rose asked as she played with her teddy bear.

Maddison turned to her little girl. She had to run from London. Her boyfriend had turned to drink and drugs and had started to get violent. Maddison didn't want Evie around that. "You know you have a daddy baby girl. But you don't see him," she said.

"Why?"

Maddison sighed. "Because he hurt mummy. She found him in bed with another lady," she told her.

*FLASHBACK*

Sixteen year old Maddison walked into the home of her boyfriend. She went to the bathroom right away needing to take the pregnancy test.

Maddison's boyfriend was the head of another school. John Fosters. Maddison's mum, Rachel Mason, wasn't too happy about her daughter seeing an older man. Maddison didn't care however.

After Maddison had taken the test, she heard a faint moaning coming from the bedroom. Maddison grabbed the test and went into the bedroom. She saw her boyfriend having sex with another woman. Maddison felt her heart shatter into a thousand pieces. "Thanks a lot!"

Max Tyler pulled away from the woman and saw Maddison. She was in tears. Maddison threw the test at him and walked out.

*End Flashback*

Maddison wiped away her tears. She hadn't looked back since she left Rochdale.

"Don't cwy Mummy," Evie said. She wiped away her tears. Maddison smiled.

"Thanks baby girl. Will we make you a ham sandwich?" Maddison asked. Evie squealed with excitement and nodded.

They went to the kitchen and Maddison began to make Evie a sandwich while she coloured in. Maddison sighed. She wished she could give Evie a father but she hated what Max did on her.

Evie ate her sandwhich. Maddison sighed. Tomorrow, she was going to start work at her old school - Waterloo Road.

Max sat in the living room of his house. He still had the pregnancy test that Maddison had thrown at him before she left. He had a child out there. Or so he thought. He didn't know if Maddison had kept the baby.

Evie was lying on the sofa. She had a dummy in. "Evie, you shouldn't have that," Maddison said.

Evie giggled as Maddison picked her up. "Mummy ove me?"

"Yes. Mummy loves you lots!"

Evie giggled and cuddled into Maddison.

"Is baby getting sleepy?" Maddison asked. Evie nodded. "Let's get you a bath."

Maddison ran Evie a bath and put her in it. She played about with all the toys she had for the bath. Maddison smiled and washed her hair.

"You okay?" Maddison asked Evie. Evie grinned and nodded.

"Yes mummy. Me ove bubbles!" Evie said.