14

VOTE AND COMMENT

"I don't think I can do this" I muttered under my breath, "this is a bad idea"

"No, you are doing this now!" Zara spoke with finality.

She nudged me, I turned to the direction she was eyeing from the waiting area couch we were seated on. There he was, dressed in a black crisped suit, speaking over the phone. He was turned in the opposite direction, his back to us, not complaining here! Speaking to his personal assistant, from the look on his face I assumed there was something wrong.

Oh, did I mention that his PA was a guy? Now everyone, the female population in other words, who doesn't know about my relationship asked me, they said and I quote 'A guy? Harry's hot, why won't he have a female personal assistant, I can personally fill up for that position,' and gave me those dreamy eyes. Yeah, no thanks!

But the initial Secretary was a blonde woman of mid-twenties, who often sported Harry suggestive glances or coy smile, anyone from a two-meter distance knew she was trying to hit on him and when she did the same with me around him, that's was when I lost my patience, that was our first fight and Harry discreetly transferred her to another branch, but the whole male PA idea, was Zara's, and I loved it.

"Go, talk to him," Zara urged me out of my memory lane.

I gave her a look but complied, we drove two hours for my childhood town, the very first thing this morning was for this, I need my man and I knew it.

Gathering all the confidence I could muster, I walked towards him but stopped a foot behind, inhaling a huge amount of courage and a thumbs up from my best friend, I spoke loudly, here goes nothing.

"Hey girlfriend!"

Harry turned in my direction in a flash, his grey eyes dilating in shock and confusion, and in a minute or two, his eyes came into understanding and displayed the one emotion I'm a sucker for, love. There goes my confidence, the nervousness rushed back in and I was momentarily tongue-tied.

We stared at each other, none of us breaking the silence, we were too scared to ruin the moment, one wrong word and it's going down the dumps.

But this is us, Harry and Aini, we survived the storm, we can survive the peace that comes after it too, together.

Harry decided to break the spell and said, "Hey boyfriend," and just like that, I knew we were fine.