10

Shout out to all the 10% of Cameroon readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

Zara

"Aini is dead Zara..."

"You bitch!" I sneered angrily, I knew she was bluffing but harry didn't, for he immediately walked through me towards her and tackled the witch's neck. 

"Stop playing your dirty games Avyanna, where is Aini?" Harry stammered, his knuckles white from the force he strangled her throat, a tear slipped from her eyes, she struggled to breathe.

"We know she's not dead, tell us where she is," Leila persuaded stiffly.

She smiled through her tears, soon she convulsed with laughter. The Wicked Witch touched harry's hand in a hold and he flinched, I forthwith tried to push her hands away from his, the electricity splurged through my body and I started to flinch as well, the pull towards her skin keeping us intact in strange magic although it hurt our nerves system.

She directed her speech at Leila, "Leila, the outcast, named after the night, powerful yet deceived, tested on the love-life, separated from the daughter in the name of saving, suffered from the loss of everything you loved, cursed to destroy everything you touch."

I tried to pull away from her hold, her powers overthrew my efforts. The pain numbed my senses, it was hard to concentrate on the bitch's poisonous words to Leila. Poor Leila, her face morphed in chagrin. the electricity overwhelmed my ability to think. 

The bitch mocked Leila again, "don't you think its time the curse is broken? we can do this Leila, together we can break the curse, live happily for the rest of our lives," she let go of our hands, harry went flying to the nearby wall, his body banged hard before he fell to the floor. I fell to the ground limply from the reverse impact of the electricity.

It took us a while to recover when we did, the bitch promptly spoke, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that, I just wanted you all to listen but you chose violence first."

"We are not willing to listen to you Avyanna, just give Aini back," Harry asserted, immobilized by the pain but the bitch only stared at the motionless Leila, her sudden silence scared me. 

The Wicked witch walked towards Leila and she spoke to her, "they don't know what we faced Leila, its time to stop this."

"How?" Leila asked, the wicked witch smiled.

"You know the words of the curse Leila," she answered.

The impact of the words drowned on me and her at the same time, I looked at her, she was in deep thoughts, I could remember the words clearly than them.

For the curse to be broken means for Aini to die.

"No! you can't kill Aini," I screamed at her, Leila blinked like she just came out of a trance, she sided with me, "I won't let anything happen to my daughter."