25

Aini

Aini

The change of sceneries was constant when the planned event unfolded for my eyes to see, it shifted, took a three-sixty degree turn, and switched.

It was another day, I was sitting next to Avyanna in her sunflower region, her baby bumps much larger than the last encounter. Her face gleamed in the sunlight, motherhood brought a different glow to her beautiful face.

It was another day for Avyanna, for me it was the next second from her husband's sickness and her agony, but now she was smiling at the flowers, speaking to them, often she smiled and told her unborn baby stories about how the sunflowers would guard him. Instantly her face morphed in dismay, and we heard a voice from the back.

“It's a girl.”

We turned to see who it was, it was a woman, she was wearing a dress much old-fashioned than Avyanna's, from the confusion on Avyanna's face, it was clear she didn't know who the woman is.

"Who are you and how do you know?" Avyanna asked the beautiful lady.

She had a resemblance to Avyanna, there was something to Avyanna that was extremely familiar, her features were so intimate, I couldn't put my fingers on it but there is something that I'm missing and now, the lady looks more like Avyanna. She was equally beautiful, if Avyanna's features displayed naive and power, the stranger's face radiated kindness and power.

"Sister, we asked you to free yourself but you didn't call upon us, why?" She asked Avyanna instead.

"I don't know what you are asking me of, who are you, kind madam?" She asked politely, stood up, and bowed slightly.

The stranger smiled, "Avyanna, I'm Halina, your witch sister!"

Witch sister? So Avyanna is a witch? That explains her power, for a moment I forget the torture she most kindly bestowed upon me in real-life, such pleasure!

"I'm sorry madam, but I think you're mistaken," Avyanna tried to speak but the stranger smiled in return.

"I'm Halina, your witch sister! Call my name and I will answer your doubts sister."

"I suppose you've mistaken me for someone else," she convinced again and said in a low tone, "I'm not a witch."

"Then why did you feel the power when you said the word 'witch'?" Halina questioned. 

Halina walked closer to Avyanna, placed her hands on Avyanna's bump, and declared, "Avyanna, whoever you may be, I'm a witch! She's a girl, a sister witch like me and you!" Her smile turned to a smirk, she continued a little challenging, "feel your powers sister or your daughter, dies."

What?

Regardless, Halina didn't spare a minute for Avyanna to process what she told, she acted instantly. Avyanna screamed in agony, I knew that it was Halina's trick to stir up her powers but Avyanna's painful outcries were traumatic.