4

Shout out to all 20.588% of USA readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

588% of USA readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

Harry 

Many have spread awareness about depression and anxiety attacks, many have spoken of what denial can do to a person but it was all words, written speeches that create pity and often makes us sad for a certain time or mostly a whole day but that was it, we forget. When the awareness that we saw in a video or read in a paper was out of our sight, we tend to forget about it and move on with our lives. 

That was how it has always been until the moment Aini disappeared out of my life. I was hoping that everything would be alright, go back to normal when Aini showed up at my office five days back claiming that we get back together as soon as possible but no, life had other plans.

Fate played the breakup drama, killing my best friend who I consider my sister, took away the person I call the love of my life, broke my stable mentality but it also gave them back, fate gave me back my best friend and my Aini but it had a twist, I could only see one, my best friend returned as a ghost, but they were there and it almost felt normal or as normal as it could get but wait, can anyone live normal for too long? 

I don't think so.

Everyone had to face their own problems, troubles, and happiness. all of us had our own trials, a dose of every emotion that life has offered the human race and this was my time to experience loss. although I knew Zara was in my penthouse, I still wasn't able to see or listen to her, it was as if she was dead without Aini to vocalize everything Ze has to say.

Loneliness, depression, and denial were only mere words to me until now. 

I roamed the empty penthouse, from the living room to my kitchen, I remember the time I moved in for the first time from my parent's house, A and Ze was the most excited, they arranged the whole place, they ordered furniture for them too. A has always disliked the monotone white of her house and Ze hated the rainbow color scheme A selected to the penthouse, honestly, I hated it too but who was I kidding? I had no say in their decision although the place was mine.

Finally, after two days of argument they compromised on the shades of blue and grey throughout the penthouse, I wasn't much of a game for blue and grey but when the girls were done with the walls, it looked perfect! 

The halls were painted ocean blue for two sides and the other two walls were painted sky blue and the ceiling grey with white and off grey clouds painted everywhere and star-shaped chandeliers and lightings were hung to give an effect of an oceanic sky. Vibrant colored pillows were set on the black sofa and a bright green couch was placed to contrast the colors. It was perfect, the girls were made to be organizers. 

The bedroom was completely A's plan, she had a wall painted as the ocean, bottom painted as shore, and waves colored in white to create the contrast, there was also a silhouetted couple painted in the opposite wall in teal blue, dancing in the rain. The pieces of furniture were set in shades of yellow and white to compliment the room. 

The girls motive was to create this place accordingly to an ocean and they did it amazingly but when they were gone, when Aini disappeared the room doesn't feel like an ocean, it doesn't create the peaceful aura that was meant to, instead I feel as if I'm trapped inside a fish tank. Often I wake up to the dream of drowning, and the ocean waves that were painted close in on me and I feel as if it was trying to knock me out of my vital state and the strong realization that the home is where your heart is, often creates havoc inside my mind.

I miss her, I miss Aini, and I wasn't able to get myself out of the guilt that A's disappearance caused me. I felt useless sitting in the restaurant while my girlfriend vanished into thin air but I couldn't do much, still couldn't. 

I've learned that depression isn't always about lonely dark rooms, unshaved beards, and silenced days, sometimes depression can be roaming in your place aimlessly, numbly smiling at the office staffs and signing files idly without reading its content, giving speeches at the conference hall about self-confidence when you are dead inside and going back to an empty house that once was your happy place. 

Depression is a vicious cycle we dared not to talk about. 

I walked to the refrigerator to grab some milk, I've gone relatively thin in these last few days. when I was about to open it, I noticed a yellow sticky note stuck on the door, I wondered from where did it come from and from whom, there was a small note written on it, it read

Alright slugabed, lift your butt from the bed and show up at Aini's place first thing next morning.

leila can speak to the ghost, show your freaking dirty face at her door, clean yourself up, we've got work to do!

-Ze.

Zara? This definitely should be her but how was she able to touch the pen and write a note? There were so many questions floating on my head, but for the first time in the last four days, I have found a spark of hope blooming inside me, if zara can write, she will be able to have a conversation with me in the future and if leila can see ghosts, she might have found something about A and hopefully, we might finally have a chance to find where A is, and for the first time in four days I felt alive, I want to help, it wasn't much of a help for Zara, instead I'm helping myself by helping the two ladies find Aini, if A returns I would be fine, call me selfish, I don't mind, never have and never will. 

A/N

A/N

Word count - 1050 (excluding A/N)

Hey guys! 

Do you like the long chapters or the short ones? also am I boring you guys? (let me know)

P.s. Who do you picture Harry as?

Stay safe
Spread love
-haf

(total word count - 29146)