23.

Aini

Aini

For so long I waited for someone to save me, bring back the heat, and rescue my numbed heart but now I am losing hope, for once I yearned for the light.

How many times in our lives have we taken the sunlight and air for granted? Now I could feel the vastness when I lacked for it, just a ray of gleam and I will be back to hoping that someone will rescue me but there wasn't any, my sealed eyes suffered from the strain.

The blank blackness that surrounded me changed into a greyish hue and I waited for my savior to salvage my state, my body laid frozen but I could feel the change in the air.

I wasn't drowning anymore, the wind whipped my hair and I sighed in bliss, have my prayers been answered, or is it just a dream?

With a feeble trim, I blinked my eyes and was shocked to find the sunflower garden I stood on, it was beautiful, magnificent! The sunflowers were everywhere, I saw grass and plantation surround me for acres, and in the middle of the large estate stood a highly mighty mansion and fear gripped my body.

Thus immense beauty possesses tremendous danger.

My legs moved towards the mansion, every step threatened me of what's waiting inside, I hate this place, I absolutely loath being here, why was this happening to me?

Why. Me?

I didn't want to enter into the mansion through those gates, truth being said, I prefer numbness over this humongous mansion any day. Seriously though the repetition of the visit to this ghost house did nothing to lessen my fears.

I remember every moment in this mansion, I walked inside the hall, and just like every other time, I'm awed at the interiors, it's beautiful but I won't be fooled, I knew what this place is for what exactly it was, a ghost house. I heard the echoes from upstairs and without any prevention, my legs climbed the stairs.

It was the same, every action was latched into my mind, I waited for my body to pass through the doors of the portrait girls room, it was a never-ending cycle of torment, and I'm stuck in it for some unknown reason, I didn't want any of this to happen but I was not given a choice.

I waited for me to enter the portraits room but I was wrong, my legs halted at the entrance and I heard voices traveling in the air, not echoes of screams, real voices as in someone talking. That could mean only one thing, I wasn't the only one in the mansion, we've got company! I prayed it shouldn't be the portrait girl.

I heard two voices conversing with each other and promptly my body returned to my senses, it worked according to my bidding and I was glad for it. I peeked inside the room, trying so hard to not make any noise, I didn't want them to know they got an intruder, none of them who lives in this mansion could be good people and I couldn't risk my life, dream, or not.