1

Shout out to all the 14.706% of Sri Lankan readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

706% of Sri Lankan readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

Three days after chapter 15 in book 1.

Aini 10

I'm drowning!

If the feeling where you don't perceive a single thing, your senses cut off from the world you lived your whole life, a vitality that you called the two most important people of your life, lost in the ocean of numbness wasn't what you call drowning as, then what was it?

This was what I'm experiencing, the numbness that the world bestowed upon me. No, even the feeling of numbness strayed me in the darkness, to the pool of gloom. The silence that surrounded me was sickening but what disturbed me was that I wasn't able to find the sound of my heartbeat, everything that I see and hear was complete silence, the frightening idea of death slowly gliding across my head was nauseating.

I wanted to scream, seek out help, I wasn't the one to stop fighting when the tides get rough but the place I was dumped into was relentless, I couldn't move a single muscle, my closed eyes yearned for the ray of sun, live another day, a moment at least to see the people I love, but this ocean I'm drowning in was ruthless.

There was no object surrounding me, if I'm sure of one thing, that will be the feeling of floating, but is it water? I couldn't tell, neither feel the coolness of the water but my body was freezing, the cold was disappointing. I wondered how long have I been here, it felt like an eternity but I couldn't tell.

I yearned for someone to save me, wake me out of this nightmare but is it only a nightmare? I couldn't tell, but I wish this was only a dream.

Zara

Zara

"What the fickle is wrong with her?"

I kept yelling at the walking corpse of Harry, his brooding attitude aching my dead brain but my screams fell on deaf ears, although I knew he couldn't hear me, screaming helped me keep my anger toned down. Living as a ghost had its fun when my dumb jack of a brain best friend was around, but when she disappeared, she stopped my heartbeat for the second time, and Harry?