12. Avyanna, 1863

Shout out to all the 5.886% of the Sweden readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

886% of the Sweden readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

Avyanna, March 17, 1863, part 2.

I walked down the staircase in my stunning gold-gown, certainly, the gown was a head-turner, for everyone stared at me like eying a prize. However, my husband has turned the opposite side, interacting with a few of our guests. the maids were chivalrous, they are working relentlessly since the morning, I recognize a few of the maids from the household, their faces dull with exhaustion, I felt pity towards them. 

Palpably, Vivienne wasn't one of the exhausted ones, when her eyes met mine, it shone with admiration. we became close over the last few days, she kept her words by keeping herself out of the sight of my husband, she came to the mansion after my lord left, accompanied me in my chamber throughout the day, we became friends. when it was time my lord arrive, she bid me good night half-heartedly, she was the one I opened my heart to, she knew what was happening to me every night.

Today, however, she was busy with the arrangements, this was the first time we are meeting today, she excused one of the guests who was groping his hands on her shoulders shamelessly, her face morphed in horror, she did a great job hiding her displeasure anyway. when she saw me, it was the perfect excuse for her to set herself free.

"You look beautiful Avy," Vivienne commented, she was holding a tray of finger food, "it would be very un lady-like if I catcall at you, isn't it?" 

"It would be very much unlady-like Viv,"

"But you look glorious," she complimented again, a small blush crept on my cheeks, I was new to compliments as this after the marriage.

"Thank you, Viv, surely the dress is a show-stopper."

"What do mean Avy?"

"Look at those men," I discreetly pointed at the group of men gawking at me, "look there, the women are staring as well Viv, do you know that this dress was a gift from my lord?"

She laughed merrily, I have always loved the noise of laughter, the lacking emotion in my life but now, I wanted to know why Viv was laughing at me, she often giggled in my direction, sighing in disbelief.

"What are you laughing at Viv?"

"You Avy, I'm laughing at you, look at them Avy," she turned me the other side by my shoulder, directing at the guests, "they are staring at you, not at the dress, those men were perving shamelessly, not at your dress my naive lady, they are all gawking at you!"

"No, it cant be."

"Hmm," she sighed, "you are too naive Avy, did you say that lord Winston gifted you the dress?"

"Yes Viv, he was so sweet today, he arranged the party to celebrate my birthday Viv, I'm ecstatic," I exclaimed happily, the men may stare at me like Viv says but I'm waiting for my husband to look at me.