Chapter 32~The Ritual...

Hajime's POV:

I have to find Nagito...I have to...if I don't..."Yo Hajime! Slow down!" Akane says, me ignoring her as I keep running. Why...why do they have to have him...? Why can't they take someone else?! Are they doing this...to get to me...? "Hajime would you stop!" Nekomaru says, me sighing and stopping for a moment, looking back at him, "What?!" I say in an angry tone. "We get that your angry, but we have no idea where they're hiding!" Nekomaru says, making me turn away and look down some, "We have to find him using our natural senses...we can't just run around without sensing where he is...if we did that we would never find him."

He's right...we can't do it like this...I have to focus. I can't let my worry for Nagito cloud my mind...I take a breath and sniff the air, "It's faint, but he was here...let's go this way." I say as I start to run again, them both following me. I continue to run, stopping when I hear a sound of footsteps, "Someone's close by..." I say as I run towards the noise, stopping again when I stumble upon a...bare part of the forest with no a lot of trees around it. I continue to walk forward looking around some. Why are there...hardly any trees here...? I look up at the moon, seeing that it's close to being fully red. This area is also right below the moon...which is...admittedly a bit odd. I look down a bit. I wonder why Izuru hasn't...tried to fully take over...he said that I'd have no choice today, yet he hasn't even tried to...

I hear the sound again and look towards it's direction, seeing a black hooded figure walking out of the forest. Who's...that...? Could it be the hunter...? Akane and Nekomaru finally catch up to me, immediately stopping once they see the figure, "Hajime! That's the hunter!" Akane says, making me growl some. "So they're the one who took Nagito...?" I ask, the figure laughing some. "Your correct Hajime~" they say, confusing me some. Why can...they understand me...? I watch as the figure removes their hood, my eyes widening once I see who it is, "M-Mrs. Komaeda...?" I say, making her laugh again. Why is she here...? Better question...where the fuck has she been?!

"Your the hunter...the one who was targeting Nagito...?" I ask, her nodding as she walks forward. "I am...it's good to see you again~" she says with a smile, making me growl some. Why the fuck was she targeting her own son...? I'm sure that it's not because she wanted a family reunion...so why...? "I know you have many questions for me...I'm willing to talk for a little while~" she says as she leans herself on a nearby tree. I hesitantly nod and sit down where I was standing. I look back at the others. I could hear them growl behind me...they're not even near where I am...I guess they really hate her. I understand though because of their history with her...

"The traitor finally shows her face..."

My eyes widen a bit. Traitor...? Isn't that what he called Chiaki...? Whatever I won't think about that right now...I need some answers. "How can you understand what I'm saying...?" I ask, her pulling down her sleeve to reveal a black beaded bracelet with a black faded to white charm. The charm also has a...weird red symbol on it...I don't know what it is..."This bracelet can help me communicate with werewolves in their wolf forms, it was something that was given to me back when I met Izuru~" she says surprising me some. Met...Izuru...?

"Yes...we met a long time ago...thinking back I wish I never did..."

"What did she do...?" I ask Izuru, making her laugh some. "Your talking to him aren't you~?" She asks, making me growl some, "I don't care if you are, I just wish I knew what he was talking about...I've missed talking to him so much~"

"Fuck you...like I'd ever miss talking to you..."

I sigh a bit. So she can understand me, but not Izuru in my head...this is kinda awkward..."Why don't you just take over and talk to her if your gonna talk like that in my head..." I say, making Izuru sigh some.

"It's not time yet..."

What does he mean 'not time yet'...? "Awww, from your reaction it sounds like he doesn't want to talk to me...it's okay, he will soon~" she says, making me feel somewhat concerned. I...don't like the way she said that..."Anyways, what else do you want to talk about~?" She asks curiously, "I know you have many questions for me...I'm willing to answer every single one of them~" I growl some, "There's only one question I want to ask...and it's the only question I care about. Where's Nagito...?" I ask in a serious tone, making her grin and stand up. "He's at my cottage~" she says, me standing up and growling more. "Tell me where it is! I'm taking him back!" I say, her laughing a bit. "Unfortunately you can't~" she says as she holds up a familiar object, my eyes widening. I-Is that...?

"That's Nagitos!" Akane says, confirming what I thought. It is his, but it's...red...not just the necklace, but the gem too. I smell the air, me instantly growling when I smell a familiar scent, "Why is there blood on it?! What did you do to him?!" I say angrily, making her laugh some. "He's dead...~" she says my eyes widening a bit. "Y-Your lying...you wouldn't kill your own son! Your his mother!" I say, feeling myself shake some. She has to be lying...she has to...he's not dead...he's not. He can't be...

"I'm not...I wish I was, but I'm not...I had to kill him because of you! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have to!" She says, making me look down a bit. What...does she mean...? It's my fault...? I sadden some, thinking back on everything. It...it is my fault...I shouldn't have gotten him involved in all of this...I growl some. Of course if he was here...he would tell me not to blame myself...I look up at his mom, an angry look in my eyes, "How could you..." I say, making her smirk some. "Looks like your mad at me, here~" she throws the necklace at me, "Take the necklace the boy you loved once had~" she says, me looking down at it.

I could smell it...the sweet sent of Nagito mixed with the awful smell of iron...

"It's time...let me take over you Hajime...you want your revenge don't you...?"

Revenge...

"Your upset and angry..."

...I am.

"You want revenge on Nagito's mother...the one who killed your partner."

I do...I want to kill her. She...took him from me. She killed Nagito...the one I love...

I pick up the necklace with my nose and slip it around my neck, looking up at the now red moon. I feel...a surge of energy flowing through me...it's unlike what I felt before...I close my eyes and look down a bit. Nagito...I'm sorry...she may be your mother, but she...she killed you...your gone because of her. "Yes~! Show me! Show me the power I saw from Izuru back then!" She says as I slowly lose myself. "Izuru...take over me and kill her!"

Akane's POV:

I watch as Hajime transforms into Izuru, an intense aura surrounding him as his wolf form changes into...his full form. He has black fur that's like his wolf form, but longer and more wavy. He's also now larger and looks stronger then he was before...he's...not Hajime anymore. Now that he's in his full form, he's ten times stronger and faster then a normal wolf. Of course...that's how werewolves would be in this kind of situation...his real power...goes beyond just that. I truthfully don't know what it is since I haven't seen it myself, but from what Chiaki told me, it's pretty powerful...it's not surprising that someone would try and take it...

I look over at Nagito's mother, who looks absolutely ecstatic, "Welcome back Izuru~ I'm glad I get to see you again before I finally kill you~" she says, Izuru growling angrily. "I wish the feeling was mutual, but it's not...I just want you dead." He says, me looking down some. His tone is...frightening...a lot more frightening then the other times he was in his full form. Maybe it's...because of Hajime...

"Don't back out now...we have to get that necklace before sunrise like Chiaki said..." Neko says quietly, me looking over at him. He's right...we can't let him take over Hajime...it's not what Chiaki or...Nagito would want. "Come here...both of you." Izuru says, me and Nekomaru instantly walking over. We can't let him suspect us...if he does...getting the necklace would be a lot more difficult..."Looks like your ready to fight...so am I~" she says as one of her lackeys walks up next to her, weapons in hand, "Wait...where's Peko...?" Fuyuhiko hands her a weapon and prepares one for himself, "She's on her way..." he says as he looks up at us.

I laugh a bit to myself. It looks like Chiaki was right...the lackeys...really are on our side...~ If they weren't, they would both be here...just like she said...~ My eyes widen some when I realize something. Wait...could that mean...? No...it's not possible. If it was then...how come Izuru has his full power...?