Chapter 9

Liam POV

"Hi mum," I smile as she swung the front door open. She stood in her favorite checkered apron, smiling broadly. She wipes her hands on the flour covered apron before wrapping me into a tight hug. When she pulls back from the embrace, she grabs both my cheeks and starts pinching them.

"Oh my little Li Li!" She cooed.

"Mum!" I groan. She pinches my cheek one last time before yanking me inside with my small luggage pulling behind. She walks towards the kitchen and I follow.

"So how are the boys?" She asked me while she rolled dough.

"Good, they left to London. Since home is on the way I decided to stop by and visit. I'm starving!" I lean on the island counter and pick an apple from the basket in front of me.

"Oh how thoughtful of you my little turtle." She grinned before halfheartedly asking,"How's Danielle?" Truth be told, my mum doesn't really agree with me and Danielle's relationship. Just because of our age difference. As you know Danielle is a couple of years older than me which to me is no big deal, love is love right? Age is just a number, the heart knows no age, etcetera etcetera. But my mom still sees our relationship as wrong and the scary part is that I'm starting to agree with her.

"Alright I guess," I shrug. I take a bite of my apple ignoring my mum's questioning look. She probably expected me to go on and on about Dani.

"Just alright?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Uh, yeah." I took another bite.

"Li Li whats wrong?" She stopped rolling dough and leaned on the counter with her elbows.

I cringe at the childhood nickname before mumbling,"nothing."

"Liam whats on your mind?"

"What do you mean?"

"You look distracted." She knows me too well, i thought.

"Why am I different?" I blurted out. She looks at me confused. I look down before asking again. "Mum why do I always feel...different?"

"What are you talking about Liam?"

"I feel like a freak." I look away from her intense stare and play with the apple in my hand.

She takes the apple out of my hands and puts it on the counter before putting her fragile, petite hands into mine.

"Liam you're not a freak! You're my son and I won't hear anymore of this nonsense." She gives my right hand a gentle squeeze before dropping them. She silently goes back to rolling dough so I decide to look around the house.

In the living room there were pictures in frames of me and my siblings. There was a picture of my first birthday, another picture of 4 year old me riding a bike, and another picture of me and the family after I passed the 2nd audition in x-factor. I smile to myself remembering the nerves I had that day. I cringe as i look at my old haircut. How I ever thought that haircut was cool? I'll never know.

I look at other pictures but frown when i notice there aren't anymore pictures of me. There were a lot of pictures of my sisters when they were only a few months old and pictures when they came out the hospital as new borns. But nothing about me. My mum always told me when I was a kid that I ruined all my baby pictures by spilling juice on them.

"Hey mum?" I ask behind me.

"Yes Liam?" I put down the picture i was holding and walk towards her. I sit down on the island seat across from her.

"Where's my baby pictures?"

She hesitates before looking down at the rolling dough.

She continues rolling it before saying,"I told you Li Li, you poured grape juice on all of them when you were little. Trouble maker you were," She laughs nervously before continuing. "Why?"

"Well maybe it's cause I never saw any pictures of me before I but the one in the living room... It's kinda weird."

She finally looks up and scoffs. "Don't be ridiculous."

"Mum can I see my birth certificate?" I look her in the eyes and when her eyes met mine, she quickly looked back to the dough.

"Hmm...should I get cookie cutters? I think I should." She walks towards the drawers. She makes noise as she rummages through them.

"Mum," she makes more noise."Mum!" She immediately stops and spins around.

She gives a big-almost forced-smile saying,"Yes dear?"

"Why do you always avoid talking about my childhood?" Her smile drops.

"I never do!" She defended. She angrily gets a knife and begins cutting pieces of dough.

"Mum!" She ignores me and continues to make sharp chopping sounds. "Mum!"

She abruptly stops. She stabs the knife onto the wooden table, making me jump in surprise.

"Liam I think you should go."

-------

Dun-Dun-Dunnnnnn Oh no Cliffhanger! Hope you liked it lol

I don't think it came out as great as it could of but I had a bad case of writers block so it'll have to do ...

Ps. I tried making it as British as I can in which I mean saying mum lmaoo so yeah byeeee