Chapter 14

Sooo sorry I took so long, I've re-edited everything plus wrote this chapter so enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•Liam's POV•

It's real...it's all real. I stop the car on the side of the empty road and take in jagged breaths. I look at my shaking hands before covering my face with them. "No, no, no, no, no!" I slam my hand on the window beside me, accidentally cracking it. "Great," I mumble. "Just what I need." I turn off the engine and get out.

Bethany isn't crazy-werewolves are real. What if that wasn't the only thing that she wasn't wrong about? Am I like that thing that tried to kill me? I shake my head, an attempt to push the thoughts away. I wait until my hands stop shaking before opening the car door and driving away.

•Bethany's POV•

I burst into my father's office room. "What was that!" I fumed. My father looked up from a paper on his wooden desk. Taking off his glasses, he stared into my eyes. I stared back, my hands clenching with the desire to attack.

"Bethany do you know how your mother died?"

I unclenched my fist. "What?" I said confused.

"Do you know how your mother died," he said louder. It didn't come out as a question this time.

"I uh..." I looked down at my feet before reverting my gaze back to him. "She was attacked by a rivalry pack."

"Do you know what pack?" Pushing his chair back, he stood up.

"No sir," I said softly.

"Your mother was murdered by the Tenebris pack. The Tenebris pack was a large, gruesome pack. Members were animals-slaughtering everything in sight. No morals, no heart. But no member was as bad as their alpha, Gardel Tenebris."

"Was?"

"Was. We ambushed the Tenebris pack and wiped them out. But he had a pregnant Luna. She escaped before we had a chance to capture her. That child in her womb was destined to be the next alpha, and grow up to be a very strong, very dangerous leader like it's father. I believe Liam was that baby-the biological son of Gardel; Heir to the title as alpha for the Tenebris pack- I knew it the minute I caught his scent."

It took me a moment to register it all in. "But why did you kill their clan? Doesn't that make us just as bad as them?!"

"You don't understand. This pack traveled all around the world slaughtering and destroying other clans, murdering over thousands of innocent children. We had to stop them and that's exactly what we did," he say at the edge of his desk, continuing.

"The day you become leader of our pack you'll understand the decisions I made. You'll realize that you too, will be willing to risk your life to protect your fellow members, just like how your mother ended hers for you."

I touched the locket around my neck. Looking down at the ground, I softly said,"I have to find him dad."

He shook his head. "It's not safe. You already know that alphas' don't need their mate to shift. He's a born alpha which means he doesn't need to mate with you to activate his ability to shift. If you say something wrong it can trigger his wolf and then what do you do? Run? He'll easily tear you to pieces. He's unstable."

"I can't stand here doing nothing knowing he's out there somewhere, scared and confused! He needs me," I opened the door. Looking back at my father, I said, "Mom would of understood." I ran out ignoring my father's commands to return. Hold on Liam I'm coming.

---

Hope you enjoy and I know it's a lot of new things to take in but just stick with it! love you guys and thanks for not giving up on me! bye!