Chapter 12

Liam's POV

What do I do? What the heck do I do?

"You excited mate?" Asked Louis. I force a smile and nod. The boys and their girlfriends were all in the living room waiting for Danielle's arrival. It's been a week since her surprise announcement.

"She's here! She's here!" Shouted Perrie, waking me from my thoughts.She closed the curtain she was looking from and ran back to her hiding spot behind the couch. Eleanor turns off the lights and I walk out the front door. Danielle gets out of the cab with two suite cases. She kisses me on the cheek before I bend down and carry both suite cases inside with ease.

As she walks inside, I turn on the lights and everyone jumps up, shouting, "Surprise!"

She covers her mouth with her hands, squealing. I cringe till she finishes. Halfway through the party, I find myself pretending to watch TV. What I really was doing was eavesdropping.

"What's wrong with Liam?" Harry asked Niall. They were in the kitchen which was pretty far from the living room.

"He's been... off lately." It's weird... Ever since I met Beth, I feel as if my senses have maximized by 10. Everything became sharper; more vivid.

"I don't know." Said Niall honestly. I get up and make my way to the kitchen. "He won't say."

"He's walking here." Warned Harry. They pretend to talk about football [AN: soccer for my American readers] as I grabbed a handful of crips from a bowl. I plop some in my mouth while giving them each cold glances. I turn back around and make my way back to the TV. Turning the corner, I bump into Eleanor who was holding a bottle of wine.

She drops the wine and stumbles back, and I watch as she and the wine fell in slow motion. I catch the wine before it hits the ground and grab her wrist at the same time. Everyone looks as I hand the bottle back to her. She looks at me in a shocked expression.

"Uh... nice reflexes."

* * *

I open the door as everyone hugged Danielle. Finishing their good byes, they walk out, leaving me alone with her for the first time since she got here.

"Hey sweetie," she said seductively. She walks up to me until our bodies were pressed together. Hooking her hand to my neck, she bends my head down to meet her lips. Kissing me roughly, she pushes me down the couch. She begins taking off me shirt when I stop her.

"So how was your um, your flight?" I ask urgently. I usually would be more than glad to have her in the mood but for some reason her attempt to be rough and sexy reminded me of a hungry shark.

"Great," she mumbles as she continues kissing my lips. I lightly pushed her off.

"Just great? Nothing new? How was the airplane food?"

Getting off my lap, she gives me a worrying look. "Liam whats wrong?"

"Wrong? Nothing's wrong, can't a loving boyfriend have a nice conversation with his girlfriend?" I smile. She narrowed her eyes.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like you're guilty!"

"I'm not! I'm just not in the mood okay?" I stand up. I know I'm overreacting but damn, shes pissing me off. "I'll be upstairs." I walk away and go upstairs to my room. I close the door and bring my fist back, ready to punch the door, when I remembered the last time I did that I dented the door. The day that girl, Bethany, said I was a "werewolf." Half man, half freak. A beast that lurks the night, searching for the next tasty looking pedestrian.

Bringing my laptop out, I go on google and type in the first word that comes to mind: shifter. After getting results of only car and bicycle parts, I type in: wolf shifter. A few pages pop up but one especially caught my attention.

Clicking on it, I wait for it to load. 'Wolf Shifter's Abilities' was written in cursive.

"Shifters have several built in defensive and offensive skills to help them defend human life against the vampires. These include: Phasing- a shifter can transform to its wolf form at any given time. The wolf form has many more abilities than the human form. They unlock this ability when they mark with their soul-mates or in other words, "mate" with their soul-mates."

Reading more, it said that werewolves also healed at an accelerated rate. I wonder if. . .

I quickly run down stairs and grab a knife from the kitchen. Going back upstairs, I lock my bathroom door. Putting my hand over the sink, I hover the knife over my palm. Taking in a deep breath, I cut the skin of my palm. I hiss as the blood seeps out.

"Ow ow," I mutter as I turn on the sink water.

"Liam," Danielle knocks on the bathroom door.

"Be right there!" I yell over the running water.

I stick my hand under the faucet, letting the water wash over the wound. The water ran red. The whole bathroom started smelling like rust and salt.

"Liam we need to talk, open up."

"Just a minute!" A few seconds pass and the water turned back to its normal clear liquid self. I open up my palm and widen my eyes. Where the gash was, was a shiny pink scar. "Not even..."

"Liam!" I quickly washed the blood that surrounded the sink and rinsed the bloody knife. I sprayed some cologne to mask the smell and quickly walked out, making sure to close the door behind me.

"Yes Dani?"

"I'm sorry!" She hugged me. Sorry? For what?

"Um, it's okay?" I said hugging her back confused. I wasn't really paying attention though. All that I was thinking about was the fact that my hand wasn't in need of stitches.

I can't just continue ignoring this..thing. What I need is more answers, and if my mother isn't going to give them to me, I'll just have to find some other way.

------

You likeeeee? It might not be that great cause I just wrote it today sorry :/ I was procrastinating soooo much that I felt guilty so I edited all my stories and even wrote a new chapter! Please vote, comment and maybe even fan? :D