21 Out In The Open

"Faolan." My father whispers looking at me wide eyed.

"The 'price of my training' as Alpha Angus put it was to be his toy." I tell him.

"Faolan... I..." my father reaches for me but I step away.

"He raped me after every training for three years then moved on to the next boy. All you saw was the warrior I became. You didn't care about my pain!" I yell.

"Son, I..."

"No! You wouldn't listen! You blamed me for drinking? You know who gave me my first shot? You know why I needed to escape? You gave me to him and I was so afraid of disappointing you  I couldn't say a word! Even after I ended him you wouldn't listen! You threw me in a cell! I didn't even get to tell mom goodbye! I didn't see you before being shipped overseas, made Rogue and suffering for three years! You wanna know why I killed him? He threatened to take Thomas! I protected my family like you should have!" I rant.

"Faolan." I hear a whisper as Gamma Asher puts a hand on my shoulder. "Look at him. Really look. He didn't know. I know its hard but hear him out, pup."

I look up from where my gaze was set on the ground to see my father's face. Tears streak his cheeks as he looks at me.

"I had no idea. I thought you were just a whiney kid not wanting to train. Every kid goes through that at some point. I didn't know. I just wanted you to be your best. I would have stopped it. I wouldn't have let him... I... I L..love you, son." My father says. I don't think he has ever said that before. Mom has sure but never him.

"Please Egon!" Alpha Angus scoffs. "It's not like he's the only pup Carter trained. Every other boy became a great warrior. He produced strong men aside from your runt. Results speak for themselves Faolan was the problem."

"Is that how you justify giving your son over to a pedophile? It made him strong? I'd take an average warrior for a son over putting him through that! You are sick!" My father yells.

"Enough!" Alpha Alic ends the argument. "Alpha Angus I, Alpha King Alaric Stephen Grayson, hereby remove you from your position as Alpha. You will be a rogue wolf for the remainder of your days."

"I won't let you do this!" Alpha Angus yells getting ready to fight.

"Think about it Angus. I haven't aged since I was 19 and you are getting old. I am the Alpha of Alphas. Do you really want to challenge me?" Alpha Alic asks. "Submit Angus." He growls and the former Alpha drops to his knees feeling the power of the command.

I watch as Alpha Alic shifts. Two warriors grab Angus removing his shirt. The king stalks over to him growling before he sinks his teeth into the man's shoulder. An ear piercing scream rips through the air as we hear the former Alpha's shoulder blade shatter. It will heal in his human form but not for his wolf. It is strange seeing this, not being on the receiving end.

"You are henceforth a King's Rogue. Enter onto any pack lands and the sentence is death. At no point will I reverse this. You are not worthy of the title you were born with. You are not worthy of your wolf. Run away, Angus. You do not want to see me again." Alpha Alic growls and Angus scrambles to his feet holding his shoulder as he runs off. "Gather your pack, McKenzie. They have some decisions to make."

I watch my father run off to gather the pack. I can't believe it's over so quickly.

°•°•°•°•°

Alpha Alic let each family choose to move to the Royal pack or join one of the few other packs that still exist around the globe. I think there are only like four left now. It seems like everyone chose to come with us. At this rate there will only be one pack of werewolves in the world. As soon as we got home I ran into Willow's arms.

My family have made a point to get close to me again. It seems a lot of the attitude of the pack had to do with the drugs and the management. People actually look happy for once. Pups get to be pups. Training is not as deadly. Peace can be found where once there was only pain.

I can't help but smile when I see my brother goofing off with friends. I saved him from my childhood and one day when I have pups of my own they will have a good life. What more could I ask for?