07 Interrogation

Faolan POV

"Six weeks, sir." I answer making sure not to keep eye contact with the king.

"So all of Willow's running off has been your doing." He states.

"Yes, sir." I respond.

"And you haven't marked her?" He asks.

"She deserves better than a rogue life. I can't force that on her... but I can't push her away either because that would hurt her... I should have just left. She deserves better." I mumble.

"You sound an awful lot like Asher." He chuckles. "I'm glad you waited. I'm grateful that you didn't drag her into a pack-less life."

"So have you two been simply sitting in the woods all this time?" He asks.

"Mostly yes. When I met her I was on your territory but after that we met on neutral ground. I didn't want to take her to far off of pack land which only left the woods as a place to meet." I explain.

"So you were concerned with her safety and wanted to make sure she could return to the territory quickly." He states.

"Yes, sir." I agree.

"Does she know why you are a Rogue?" The King asks.

"Yes, sir."

"Does she know why you did it?" I gulp as he asks that.

"Yes, sir."

"Are you ready to offer your defense?" He finally gets to the question he really wants answered.

"Yes, sir." I nod and Willow squeezes my hand. I'm doing this for her. I can do this. I take a deep breath. "The Beta was a pedophile. He used training as a way to get young boys alone. I was his from the time I was ten until I turned thirteen. He had boys before me and after. I know the Alpha's boy was one. His last 'trainee' was a boy named Danny Summers. When I was 16 he threatened my little brother if I didn't.. I didn't..." I can't say the words.

"Its alright son. Skip over that part." The king says and I nod.

"He took me to his house but before... before... I killed him instead. I stabbed him over and over. His son walked in as I was getting ready to leave... he was twisted like his father with the exception of gender preference. I didn't intend to kill him but I had to defend myself. I don't regret it tho... the one I do regret is Emrick, the Alpha's boy, he was a victim of the Beta too... he fell off the cliff I didn't push him and I didn't want him to die." I finish my story.

"Did you tell anyone in your pack this? Your Alpha?" The king asks.

"I tried to tell my father. He wouldn't listen. Everyone loved the Beta he was a model citizen and none of the boys would admit to it. They either think like Emrick that it was the price to pay to become a strong warrior... or like me that it makes you weak... I waited until it was my blood in danger before I stopped him! If I would have acted sooner I could have saved Danny from him! And I think he had another boy before him! I'm just as responsible for what he did to them as he is! I didn't stop it!... I didn't stop him..." by the end of that I cant stop crying and Willow kneels in front of me holding me to her.

Willow holds me a minute until a strong hand clasps my shoulder causing me to jump away throwing my chair back in the process as I start hyperventilating.

"I'm sorry son. I didn't mean to scare you." The king says. I calm myself down and nod. I'm not much for physical contact aside from Willow. "If you want you can join the pack. We can get rid of that mark. No one will hurt you again. I'm sorry for marking you a Rogue without all the information."

"I refused to tell you. You can't be blamed for that... but please... don't tell anyone. I only told you for Willow's sake... I can't deal with people knowing... I refuse to be seen as weak." I tell him and he nods.

"Do you want to join?" He offers again.

"Yes, sir." I answer. A few minutes later a man runs in with a knife. (Running with a knife is not a good idea. Don't do it pups!)

"Thank you Malak. Please stay as a witness." The king says and the man nods looking over at me.

"Repeat after me. "I, Faolan Alexander McKenzie, devote my life to you Alpha King Alaric Grayson and to the Royal Pack."" The king says cutting his palm and handing me the knife. I cut my palm as well.

"I, Faolan Alexander McKenzie, devote my life to you Alpha King Alaric Grayson and to the Royal Pack." I repeat his words and he shakes my hand.

"Welcome to the pack, Faolan." The king says.

"Thank you my King." I respond with a bow.

"Alic, you can call me Alic. You'll be my grandson soon enough, pup. Might as well get used to me." He smiles and I nod.

"Thank you, Alic." I say.

"Run!" My wolf yells.

"Sir. I know I just joined and all but... I haven't been able to run in three years... can I..." he cuts me off before I finish the question.

"Go boy, we'll get you settled after."

"Willow?" I ask holding my hand out to her with a big smile. She jumps up and takes my hand. I'm finally going to see her wolf. She will finally see mine. We shift as soon as we are outside.

"You are beautiful." I mind link her as I take in the sight of her amazing fur.

I set my paws down on the soft earth and for once feel no pain. I begin to jump around happily. Soon I pounce on Willow then take off running into the woods with her on my tale.

This is amazing. I have my mate. I have a pack. I can run. I feel complete. If only my father would believe me if only he hadn't disowned me. Then I'd have a family the only thing still missing.