08 A New Home

"Here's your room." The King's Beta Malak says opening a door.

"Thank you sir." I say with a bow.

"Just call me Malak, pup. Like the king said we're family." He smiles at me. My jaw drops. He's family too? How big is this family?

"Just how much family does Willow have?" I ask stunned.

"Let's see... I'll start with the king. His sister is my mate which makes me a great uncle. I have a two daughters and three sons so there are five cousins. The king had three children Matthias, Atticus, and Emily. Emily mated Asher, but she died shortly after Willow was born. Matthias had two sons Brenton and Anders. Atticus had three boys Grant, Hunt, and Levi... so I guess that makes two uncles with their mates and five over protective male cousins not counting my brood. Oh and our Gamma, also known as Asher or your mate's father. I don't envy you. You have a lot of men that want your head on a pike right now." He chuckles but I can tell their is truth in his words.

"Any advice on how to deal with them?" I ask.

"For Asher... prove yourself a strong warrior and never let his little girl cry... for the cousins... Willow controls them so I wouldn't be to worried. The uncles aside from me will most likely put you through your paces. If they see you hurt her you're dead. She is the princess. Her mom was the only girl then her... she has all the men of the family wrapped around her finger." He tells me.

"Why are you so cool about this?" I ask him and he laughs.

"I already had my turn to scare the crap out of my niece's mate. He turned out to be a good guy. You remind me of him. A little broken but good none the less. I'm putting a little faith in you. Don't make me regret it." He says before leaving me in my new home.

I'm home. In a pack. The Beta, Gamma, and Alpha are going to be my in laws! This is crazy!

"We are in a pack with Mate! If that is crazy I don't want to be sane!" My wolf cheers and I can't help but agree.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Where do you think you're going?" I hear a voice ask as I am walking out of the pack house right before dinner. I turn to see my mate's father. I haven't seen him since yesterday when he pinned me to the wall by my throat.

"To work, sir. I am a floor supervisor over at the plant south of the pack border. I need to be there by 6." I tell him.

"Supervisor? What are you 17? How did you pull that one off?" He asks. It's obvious he doesn't like me.

"I started at 16 after becoming a King's rouge. Fake documents go a long way. I'm 19 now. I've worked hard for my position, sir." I say trying to end the conversation so I can get to work.

"Good to hear you have a work ethic... you should quit tho. Now that you joined the pack you need to work within it's boarders. Plus, as my daughter's mate, you are in line for the Gamma position. I need time to train you." He says.

"But, sir., how am I to support myself without a job? I don't intend to mooch off of my mate's family. I earn my keep." I protest. "I will train with you around my work schedule if you want."

"You will not be mooching off of us. You will be a paid warrior. You start at the bottom and work your way up like any other wolf. You've lived as a human to long. Quit tonight I expect you at training at 0500." He orders.

"My shift ends at 6 I can be back by 7. I will quit if you require it but I'm not about to flake out on my shift with no notice. I want you to like me, sir, but I refuse to screw someone else over for that to happen. I'll see you at 7AM, Gamma Asher." I inform him before turning and heading out the door.

Gamma Asher POV

"So, Ash, what do you think?" The King asks as he rounds the corner. I look to the door the boy just left from.

"The kid stood up to me. He is loyal. Hard worker... I guess Willow could do worse." I grumble. I didn't want to like the boy. I still don't.

"Come on, son. He's a good boy. He's had a hard past. It makes him think he's worthless. He even suggested to Willow that she should reject him. Sound familiar?" He asks... it does but I won't admit it.

"He's nothing like me, Dad. He risked her life meeting her like that! He makes her reckless! He hid their relationship for a month and a half! How much respect can you have for your mate if you deny them!? She deserves better!" I rant.

"How long did you push Emily away?" He asks and I hang my head. Why would he bring that up!? If only I wasn't so stupid. I could have had more time with her. "He hasn't denied her at all. He simply avoided us or more specifically me. The boy was scared but he's here now. Accept him, Asher, at least until he gives you a reason not to."

I nod knowing he is right. Maybe the boy will be good for my little princess... but if he hurts her nowhere on earth will be safe for him and no one will ever find his body.