Part 23 - A seceret

Trigger warning----

Meredith looked at the seventeen-year-old, her eyes glued to her like magnets. Something was off and she knew it. Where were their parents really and what was the little girl hiding?

"Okay, where are your parents really?" Meredith asked looking around the room at all the curious faces. They all frowned and looked at each other "Because I have trust issues. And I know when someone is lying. So tell me, what is going on here." She added, sounding like more of a statement than a question. Like they had to answer her.

"W-what do you mean?" George stammered, letting out a light chuckle as he looked at his other siblings for help. Meredith glared in his direction, trying to get him to crack under pressure. It was working.

"Look, we can't say because-" Mia began but was cut off by her older brother who covered her mouth his eyes wide.

"Look, I have nothing right now. No phone, no wallet, no way to get out but you guys, "Meredith spoke, glancing between all of them "plus, I am very good at keeping secrets and hiding them. If you tell me I promise I won't tell anyone."

"She wants to know," George muttered, motioning toward Mikey who didn't want them to say where their parents actually were. Her intimidating demeanor was scaring him, he didn't know what to say to Meredith. Instead, he tried getting his brother to talk.

"This is a safe house," Mikey sighed "Our parents are secret agents. We're here because we're in trouble."

"Like we could be killed trouble," George added.

"It's also why we're so remote," Mia told her "we have no cell service, no WiFi. Just your average television."

"S-so what you're telling me is that you guys are in danger and your parents are secret agents?" Meredith asked, trying to understand the situation. All three nodded in unison. She nodded as well, looking around the room. They seemed genuine like they were telling her the truth.

"Do you guys know your way out?" Meredith asked, her stomach beginning to turn in Knotts. She wanted to go home, she wanted to leave and she was willing to go by feet if she had to. They all looked at each other and back toward her.

"Yes, but we can't leave," Mikey spoke "There is a car in the garage. It's for emergencies only."

"Why didn't you guys tell me that before?" Meredith asked, her eyes growing wide and her eyebrows scrunched together. She was a little frustrated by the fact that they basically took her in as a hostage, not telling her anything about what was really going on. But on the other hand, she kinda understood their situation.

"W-we were just afraid. I'm sorry Meredith. We had to make sure you were okay first." Mia muttered, her voice quiet and mouse-like.

"But you can take it, it's for emergencies. You are the emergency. You need help, you are in pain." Mikey spoke up.

"Yea," Meredith muttered, chuckling to herself. She was in pain alright.

"We can give you a map, that's all we have."

"We also have a GPS Mia," Mikey cut in "She can use that. We can use the map if we have to."

"You don't have to do that, give me the car. I-I can't even drive."

"Yes, you can. It's only about a forty-minute drive to Seattle Grace," Mia spoke, "traffic is light right now and you have a straight drive there, you can do this." She told her taking ahold of her shoulders. Looking into her eyes, trying to reassure her that she could do it.

"I mean you can also take breaks, you don't have to drive the whole time," George muttered.

"Okay. I can do this." Meredith told herself, squeezing her eyes shut. Trying to convince herself that she could do it. It was risky because of the conditions she was in. Heck, she operated while having a miscarriage, stuck her hand in an abdomen with a bomb in it. She's been through so much that this was nothing. Well, maybe not nothing.