Part 10 - Broken

Thank you all for your comments, I love reading them! As always. I hope you like this chapter. Ask me anything or tell me anything and I will try to respond as fast as I can.  Stay safe. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Alex walked down the hallway, he couldn't help take in what Meredith told him. "You hurt me too." She told him. It stuck in his head and it hurt him, he'd hurt her too. Alex had passed nurses and doctors, since he wasn't working he wasn't supposed to be wandering around the hospital. But he was looking for Derek, he wanted to talk to him about Meredith.

"Avery, have you seen Shepherd?" Alex asked as he saw Jackson walking toward him, he looked tired but he looked ready to take on the day.

"No, but even if I did know, I wouldn't tell you. You might give him a brain bleed," Jackson scuffed as he adjusted his shirt.

"That isn't why I am looking for him." Alex sighed, he tirelessly looked over at Jackson. Who seemed to look more alive than he did.

"Okay, I will keep a lookout as long as you don't punch his skull in," He told him "How are Meredith and Lexie?"

"They aren't doing well, I mean they are alive. But they are depressed, they aren't themselves. Meredith is with Cristina and Lexie is with Mark. They are having some time to be together."

"So you are looking for Derek?"

"No, I need to talk to him. He hurt Meredith. I am going to set him straight."

"Sure, you do that," He muttered "Will you tell Meredith and Cristina that I was the one that made the call about Derek coming back to Seattle? I told Richard to call Derek to come back. That way you didn't hurt him worse than you did."

"Derek is a grown man, he can handle me."

"You're a scrapper Alex, no he can't handle you." 

"Why don't you tell her about Richard? You're going that way." Alex asked as he began to look for Derek.

Alex was at his last resort; he had to check the on-call rooms, after looking everywhere. He even looked at the OR board and never saw his name. So he looked in the rooms, the second one he looked into was Derek. He was sitting in the room, flipping through his phone looking at pictures, and watching videos.

Derek jumped when he saw Alex peak his head into the room. He looked at him as fresh tears were in his eyes and because of the phone light they were glowing. Derek sighed looking over at Alex then at his phone again and got up.

"Look, I know what I did was wrong and I hurt her and most of this is probably my fault I know that. I've known that since this whole thing started," Derek told Alex, who stood there and listened to him talk. Derek continued. "I feel terrible for what I did, the first and second time. I never should have left Boston. I promise I will give them space, I won't come near them. I-I just want to know how they are doing, just please tell me what is going on. I need to know. I need a reason to wake up in the morning."

"You did hurt her, but she is trying to forgive you, and if she does you better work your ass off to make it up to her. I don't know how you changed so much, but she still sees you as the love of her life. Meredith is in pain right now so it will be a while until she forgives you," Alex told him, his hands in his pockets. He sighed looking at Derek. "Cristina and I will keep you updated, but don't come near that room right now. I hate to tell you this but Meredith and Lexie are scared of you because of what happened earlier."