Part 6 - Sweet and Salty

The three detective's looked at each other, Berry sighed. Wondering what to say. So many things ran through his mind at once. Who is this guy? What does he want? Why is he calling from all the way in Seattle?

"Jane?" He whispered over to his partner as he covered the microphone with one of his hands "What do you think?"

"Give me the phone," She spoke, reaching for the phone. Berry gladly gave her the phone, curious as to why she'd gotten so quiet. "This is detective Rizzoli."

"Oh, thank god I got ahold of you," Jackson sighed. The phone was still on speaker as they continued to talk. "My friends are missing and she's in Boston."

"In Boston." She repeated back, her tone straight and motionless. Not knowing what to say. She looked over at Korsak and Berry who were listening in on the conversation.

"Yes, you are one of the best detectives I know." Jackson spoke, he said it quickly. Making it sound even more urgent.

"No need to sweet talk me, I will help you," She sighed, her tone changing "How can I help?"

"Can you help us find them?"

"Sure, why don't you come by the station and answer some questions. We will start the investigation." She answered, she shifted in her seat and glanced around the room. Waiting for Jackson to answer. Sighed were heard on the other end, which made her frown and look up at her partner.

"I mean we can, but it will take at least forty-eight hours."

"So you are living in Seattle, damn I never thought you'd do that." Jane laughed as she said it.

"Can we get on track here?" Jackson growled, annoyed.

"Why don't you drive over here, or fly. Whatever you wanna do. And then we can talk." she said. Other voices were heard in the background and they could hear muffled sounds coming from the other end.

"I'll let you know when we get there." Jackson spoke softly before hanging up the phone. The phone made a soft clink noise when the phone went off the line. The room fell silent once again.

"He's not going to give us any other information?" Berry asked, his eyebrows scrunched together. His brown eyes looking at her with concern.

"He's probably just worried about his friends," she sighed "He will tell us when he gets here."

"Who is he anyways?" Korsak asked, seriously.

"An old friend," She responded, flipping through some paperwork. Her eyes glued to the paper. "But we're not going to talk about that right now."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seattle:

All four doctors were huddled together at the table, still in the kitchen. Not daring to move from their spots after taking that call. Jackson let out a sigh of relief. He'd finally got ahold of Jane. Now all they needed to do was take a trip to Boston.

"So this means we're going to Boston then," Cristina spoke, tapping her fingers on the counter top. "Plane or car?"

"Fastest way is the plane," Jackson responded, his chin resting on the palm of his hand. He looked tiredly over at her.

"It will take at least four and a half hours to get there," Derek spoke. Everyone turned their heads toward him. His sleepless face, looking down at the counter top.

"Derek?" Cristina spoke as his tireless body sat in the chair across from her. He looked the same as everyone but worse. His eyes red and puffy and his beard unshaved. "I-I don't think you should come with us." She muttered.