A romantic story

That afternoon , in Nicky and Paulina's room , the Thea Sisters were giving themselves a few hours of relaxation after class . Violet was rehearsing her violin , filling the room with a sweet melody , Colette was reading a book , Nicky was stretching on the floor , Paulina was setting up her laptop and Pamela looked out the window .

Pamela : It's so nice outside ! Anyone up for a quick scamper into town ?

At these words , the other Thea Sisters looked amused . Knowing their friend , they knew that when she proposed a walk , she had a very specific goal .

Nicky : Let me guess...You need to order a spare part for you jeep ?

Pamela : He , he , he ! Well , to be honest...yes .

Violet put her instrument back in its case .

Violet : I'll go with you . I've practiced enough today .

A few minutes later , the two girls left , but they had a hard time getting to the store . Indeed , a great agitation reigned in the island . Not only was the port , usually quiet , teeming with peoples , but the streets were in a strange confusion . Once inside the Zanzibazar , Violet and Pamela were confirmed that things were not going their normal course ... they had never seen this place so crowded . Tamara Squid , Dina's older sister , the owner , was running breathlessly back and forth behind the counter .

Pamela : What's going on ? What's with all the rodents everywhere ?

Tamara handed a bag to a customer .

Tamara : You mean you don't know ? Today are coming-THE GLAAASSES !!

Violet : The glasses are coming ? What do-

A crash of broken glass prevented her from finishing her sentence . While serving someone , Cammie , the second of the family and Tamara's assistant , had involuntarily struck a lamp , which had struck a wheel , which had struck a statue , which had fallen on glasses , which she had shattered a thousand pieces .

Tamara : When the store gets busy , Cammie gets even clumsier than usual...and the mayhem is only going to increase once they start filming .

PamViolet : Filming ?

Tamara : That's right , they're filming Two Mice in the Moonlight , the latest movie with Dylan Ratinson and Kiki Mousart ! Some of the scenes will be filmed right here on-WATCH THE CANDLES , CAMMIE !!

Cammie had just dropped the candles .

Cammie : Oops , sorry...

Tamara : *sight* . Did you come to buy something ?

Pamela : Yes , but not worries , we'll come back when things calm down !

Back in Mouseford , Violet Pamela hastened to report back to the Thea Sisters what they had learned .

Paulina : Wow ! I wonder what kind of movie it is .

Nicky : I'll bet it's an adventure film ! Whale Island is the perfect setting !

Violet : Or maybe it's a musical .

Colette : You girls have got it all wrong ! It's going to be a love story , Two Mice in the Moonlight is the third novel in Melanie Sourer's betselling trilogy . It's the story of Victor and Summer , two young sweethearts . One of the most romantic scenes takes place in an old castle . That's where Victor first declares his feelings for Summer !

Violet : How do you know so much about this ?

Colette : Because last week I was sick with the flu , and I caught up on all my favorite magazines ! It's been all over the headlines .

The Thea Sisters began to imagine what would happen when the two main actors arrived , namely Dylan Ratinson and Kiki Mousart , two young stars adored by the public .

Nicky : I wonder what they're like in the real life .

Colette : The magazines I read say Dylan is really moody , and Kiki is a bit of a snob .

Nicky : They're the same age as us...but since they're movie stars , they live such glamorous lives ! We probably won't even see them once they get to the island .

Pamela : I'll bet you're right ! But I still hope we can get a closer look at how a movie crew works !

Paulina : Maybe we'll even get to see part of the shoot .

Just then , Dina burst into the room .

Dina : Girls , let's head down to the Auditorium . The headmaster is about to make an announcement !