A fun afternoon

The arrival of the two young actors had spread , throughout the academy , a festive atmosphere , and around Kiki and Dylan had formed a group of enthusiastic and curious students . Kiki immediately proved to be an exquisite young girl , quick to chat and laugh with everyone . But the same could hardly be said of Dylan , who hardly seemed inclined to sympathize with anyone .

Paulina : Would you like a tour of the campus ?

Colette : Oh , yes , what a great idea ! The sun is about to set , and the light in the academy's gardens is really beautiful at this hour .

Vanilla : Why would Mousart and Ratinson want to go on a boring old walk around campus ? I'll bet they'd rather rest before tonight's party !

Nicky : What party ?

Vanilla : Oh , just the party I'm hosting in their honor on my family's yacht . You're welcome to stay there during the shoot . I know movie starts like you are used to elegant and exclusive places , and I'm sure you won't be comfortable in the academy's shabby old dorm rooms .

The Thea Sisters exchanged a knowing look ... as always , Vanilla didn't miss a chance to show off .

Kiki : Thank you , Vanilla , but we've had enough of parties and luxury hotels . We'd rather take a walk and stay here on campus . You see , it's nice for us to be with boys and girls our own ages . We want to take advantage of the opportunity to hang out with other youngs like us .

Kiki's words left the students speechless , including Vanilla , who however recovered and , feigning indifference .

Vanilla : Whatever you want .

Kiki turned to Paulina with a big smile .

Kiki : So , how about that tour of the campus ?

The students started to move , and Vanilla , sighing , joined the group , including Europa who secretly followed them . Like other students , the Thea Sisters were proud to study at Mouseford . This establishment with a rich past was like a second home for them . Strolling with Kiki and Dylan in the halls and halls of the academy , they realized that each place had its own little story .

Nicky : This is where I run every day .

Kiki : I love running , but my favorite sport ever is surfing !

Nicky : Really ? I love surfing , too !

Not far behind them , Colette and Paulina were chatting .

Paulina : I'm so happy that Dylan Ratinson and Kiki Mousart decided to stay at the academy instead of sleeping on Vanilla's yacht . Now we'll have some time to get to know them .

Colette : Kiki is cheerful !

Paulina : But what about Ratinson ? He seems like a snooty . Check it out , he's walking next to Brown without saying a word to her .

Colette observed the young man for a few seconds . He walked silently past Connie , his paws in his pockets and looking slightly embarrassed .

Colette : You know , Paulina , I don't think he's snooty . My intuition is telling me there's something else going on .

During Mouseford's visit , the actor was always next to Connie . He understood , after a few moments , that she was not one of his usual admirers on the lookout for autographs , the young girl did not look at him adoringly and did not even seem troubled by his presence . She was just walking beside him , as if nothing had happened . In fact , Connie only enjoyed horror movies and only knew Dylan Ratinson by name . When she had seen him in the real , she had think him mysterious and quite fascinating , and had found herself inclined to sympathize with him . But as soon as she tried to exchange two words with the young man , he had been distant . Convinced that Dylan didn't enjoy chatting with her , she immediately gave up . It was only at the end of the walk , at dusk , that the actor , taking his courage on both legs , tried to break the ice by starting to tell the anecdote .

Dylan : In the movie that I just finished making-

Connie : Sorry , Ratinson , but I don't think I've seen any of yours movie...and I'm not interested .

Dylan : No , I mean-

Connie : Never...

Looking annoyed , Connie walked away . She was certain that Dylan didn't really want to know her , seeing her only as one of his thousands of fans who were losing their minds for him and knew his entire filmography by heart . Seeing her go away , the young man understood that she had misread his intentions .

Dylan : «She probably thinks I'm just a big show-off...»