Chapter 20

"Go on, ask me another one, you're really close to breaking me" you taunt the older man.

He turns to face Dottie and interrogate her this time.

"Your every bit as formidable as I've heard miss Underwood"

"Aren't you sweet"

"Not as smart as you think you are though, Dr Fennhoff, he certainly got your goat

"Not as smart as you think you are though, Dr Fennhoff, he certainly got your goat. Yeah I read all about that fiasco, tricked into helping a crazy old Russian with his revenge fantasy against Howard Stark, huge embarrassment to leviathan, and Stalin? Well he's not exactly the forgiving type" Vernon taunts the Russian woman.

"You know nothing about it" she growls at him.

"I know your as good as dead to Russia, girl without a country, an assassin without a target" he continues.

"Bet I could find a target" she glared.

"All alone in the world and you know the worst parts for you? You actually believe that you've got a friend in Peggy Carter, a woman that would see you hanged if she could arrange it, it's pathetic I almost feel sorry for you" he continued, ignoring her last comment.

"Your presence is requested" a man in a suit enters the basement.

"I'm busy!" Vernon snaps at him as if he couldn't see what was happening.

"You want I should tell her that?" The man asked, making Vernon leave reluctantly with a sigh.

You and Dottie struggle to escape the ropes until you hear the door click open again. Heels click down the stairs until you watch the movie star walk towards you both.

"You know, I'm not in the movie business, but I think your gonna need a lot more makeup to cover that up" Dottie nods to Whitney's cracks earning an evil laugh from Frost.

"Well I've moved on from that part of my life, it's taken too much from me for far too long. My childhood, my innocence," she starts as she pulls off the black gloves covering her hands. "You know what that's like, I can see it in your eyes"

"Yes" Dottie nods fearfully "We're so much alike, let me tell you all my secrets. I feel just from talking to you for a few moments, we're were absolutely in the same boat" Dottie lies, ending with a smile as Whitney comes closer.

"Oh we're not in the same boat, we're not even in the same ocean. What a finely crafted piece" Whitney holds the necklace on Dotties neck as the brunette sucks in a breath of fear. "I disabled the tracking device when you arrived, so don't expect Peggy Carter to come and rescue you" she tells the woman harshly, grabbing the back of her neck and draining the life from her as a grey substance infects her skin.

You gasp in fear and struggle against the ropes even more as the zero matter rises through her throat while she screams in pain. Suddenly she lets go of the assassin and Dottie gasps for air.