Chapter 39

"You pulled me from the river. Why?" You step in, curiosity filling you.

"I don't know." He looks you in the eye, shattering your heart.

"3 seconds!"

"Yes, you do." Steve urges as you step back a bit from the heart break.

"Breach! Breach! Breach!" Sam shouts as a grenade is thrown into the room through the window. Steve knocks it back outside with his shield but another one comes crashing through the other window. Bucky kicks it to Steve who quickly covers the blast with the shield.

"Schieß die Tür auf! (Shoot the door!)" a man shouts from the hall. A battering ramp is slammed into the wooden door with a loud thud as Bucky pulls the mattress to protect himself from bullets coming in through the windows. He flips the foldable table to block the door. Men crash through the windows and you jump into the action shaking away the previous heart break and working on saving Bucky from the incoming attacks. You pull the rug out from under one man causing him to fall as Bucky slams another into the wall. The back door opens and Bucky kicks the soldier outside onto the roof.

"James, stop! You're gonna kill someone." You shout, grabbing his arm to hold him back.

"I'm not gonna kill anyone." He promises, knocking you to the ground and punching a hole in the floor next to your head while you flinched. He pulled a black back pack from the floor and threw it to the roof across the street.

He protects you both from bullets with the metal arm until Steve jumps in front of you both with the shield

He protects you both from bullets with the metal arm until Steve jumps in front of you both with the shield. Bucky threw Steve into another soldier, coming through the window as he advanced towards the man shooting at him, slamming the man into a shelf. Picking up a concrete block he threw it at another man while Steve unarmed the guy he was thrown into. The hinges were shot off the door and just  as they were about to break in, Bucky kicked the door down and hit some men. He kicked some down the stairs as more came rushing in. He jumped down a flight of stairs and continued to fight them one by one.

"Der Verdächtige ist ausgebrochen. Er ist am östlichen Treppenschacht. (Suspect has broken containment! He's headed down the east stairwell!)" a man called on his radio as you and Steve rushed into the stairwell. Steve grabs the radio and crushes it with his hand before following you as you chase after Bucky.

"Come on, man." Steve looks to Bucky as he threw a man over the railing just in time for Steve to catch the man from falling to his death. Bucky simply punched a man in response as Steve threw the one he caught, into the wall. You had clipped two soldiers together while Bucky jumped down another flight of stairs.

"Steve!" You shout as a man is about to shoot Bucky. Steve tosses his shield to you and you use it to knock the man out. You hand him the shield back as Bucky makes his escape. He runs out of a room and jumps from the balcony, landing on the roof with his backpack as he rolls to break the fall.