Origami

"What are you doing, Sam?" said Henry the Octopus.

"I'm doing something called origami. You fold paper to make a shape" Sam said.

Charles Wallace came over and said "What are you doing, Sam?"

"It's called origami" said Henry. 

"Ooh! Paper folding. Can I do some?" said Charles Wallace.

"Sure, buddy. Today, I'm gonna fold a whale" Sam said.

"A whale! Wow! I can't wait to see a whale made of paper" said Charles Wallace.

"Okay. This is how you do it. First you fold the paper in half diagonally. And then open it out again." Sam said.

"I see! Now there's a fold from the top corner to the bottom corner" said Charles Wallace.

"Mm-hmm. Now you fold triangle from opposite sides so that they meet in the middle." Sam instructed.

"Uh-huh. Now there's a triangle at the bottom" said Charles Wallace.

"And now you fold the triangle on the bottom up so that its tip meets where the other two triangles meet" Sam said.

The two of them folded and folded.

"My fingers are working really hard here" said Charles Wallace.

"And now we fold it back together on the first fold. And then we turn it so that the fold is at the bottom" Sam said.

"Cool. What's next, Sam?" said Charles Wallace.

"Next we make a fold at the pointy end so that the angle points up" Sam instructed.

"Now it's starting to look like a whale. But the tail is quite right" said Charles Wallace.

"That's why the next thing we do is make a cut along the tail and fold the ends out" Sam said.

"And then we use a marker to make an eye" said Charles Wallace.

Then it was done! The two kids made a whale.

And they had a whale of a time. 

And here's how Murray and Jeff do it in the DVD.