thirty

WARNING: 18+ CONTENT IN THE NEAR-END OF THE CHAPTER.

Marinette rolled over again. 

Her and Adrien went to bed shortly after their little redemption. They had had an exhausting day.

Now Marinette was tossing and turning because of her encounter with Emilie/Morana. She couldn't tell Adrien about it, because it was safer that way. For her, for him, and especially for the baby.

"My baby, my baby,"

Marinette heard Morana's voice haunt her in her head. She turned to face Adrien so the voices could go away.

Flashes of Marinette's dead body appeared in her head. Marinette shut her eyes as if the image would go away, and she turned to the other side.

"I know you're a smart girl, Marinette!"

Marinette kept her eyes closed and turned again.

"He killed you. He killed Adrien."

Marinette turned again.

"My son. My only son."

Marinette squeezed her eyes so hard that they could've been dented.

"How I longed to see him again, and his own father killed him just to get me back."

Marinette snapped her eyes open and was faced with Adrien's back.

"His own father killed him just to get me back." Marinette recalled Morana's sentence.

She also recalled what Bunnyx said about Hawk Moth.

"He merged your miraculouses and woke up Emilie Agreste. That was his one wish, his goal this entire time."

Marinette sat up. 

"Oh my god.." She whispered. She turned her body to see Adrien. It was his father. His father was damaging Paris. His father wanted their miraculous. His father wanted to end them. His father is Hawk Moth.

Adrien stirred in his sleep and turned to lie down on his back. Marinette watched his actions. She   admired his sleeping face. His clear skin, his perfectly shaped nose, and she pictured his beautiful, lively green eyes. He definitely got that from his mother.

Marinette teared up. Not because she felt stressed about the situation, but she felt so much empathy for Adrien. This secret was bound to get out, and it would completely break him.

Marinette knew what she had to do. She wiped her eyes, and concluded she wouldn't tell Adrien, not until the baby was born.

But did they really have that much time?

Marinette knew that if she told Adrien, she wouldn't have time either. Soon, her bump would start to show and it would become too dangerous to be Ladybug. But she no choice but to be Ladybug. She couldn't spark up a battle during her pregnancy, she had to wait until she had the baby.

Adrien opened his eyes after feeling Marinette's gaze.

"What's wrong my love?" He sat up.

"N-nothing.." She croaked and looked down.

"Marinette, we're a team. We're in this together, no matter what. You can tell me anything." He lifted her chin and soothingly said, "So tell me what's bothering you."

"I...I..." Marinette tried to come up with an excuse. "I had a bad dream."

Adrien chuckled. "What was it about?"