CHAPTER 8

IPINASOK niya sa bulsa ang cellphone matapos makipag-usap sa nasa kabilang linya. Isang magaspang na buntung-hininga ang kanyang pinakawalan at tumingin sa labas ng salaming dingding ng sala.

Pagkaraan ng ilang sandali ay dumako ang kanyang mga mata sa nakasarang pinto ng kanyang silid. Inihakbang niya ang mga paa patungo roon at binuksan ang pinto. Sumandal siya sa hamba at humalukipkip habang nakatingin sa dalagang nasa ibabaw ng kanyang kama.

Nanikip ang kanyang lalamunan nang makita ang mga binti nito na nakalitaw sa comforter. She had nice pair of legs, tanned, long and flawless. Inalis niya ang mga mata roon at inilipat sa mukha nito na nakabaling sa kanyang direksiyon.

She owned those perfectly trimmed brows. Her lashes were dark and long. Her nose was small but pointed and the lips were full and... luscious. Her hair, which smelled like vanilla, embraced his pillow breathtakingly. She's a mixture of an Italian and Filipina beauty. She was well endowed. No wonder that she caught his interest the first time he saw her. He bet that he's not the first man who lusted at first sight over her.

He had the fantasy of her legs and arms wrapped around his body and not on his pillow that she was doing right now.

When he saw the picture of her from the director of the agency he was working in, he did not believe that she was capable of killing someone.

She was his mission. Congressman Castillo and the presiding judge of the supreme court asked for their aid to find out the truth behind Patrick Castillo's death. His director, who was a friend of the Castillo's, did not hesitate to help.

At sa kanya inatang ng direktor ang trabahong iyon. The first person he approached was Vodka Rodríguez. She was at the scene when the crime took place. She told the authorities what she remembered that night, but his gut feeling was telling him that she wasn't telling the whole truth. She was hiding something but he believed that this woman wasn't the killer.

Sinadya niya ang pagkakabangga sa harapan ng shop nito. He needed to get closer to her. But when that incident on Joey's fashion show happened, he realized that it wasn't a good idea. The woman was a temptation and he does not mix business with pleasure.

Eugene watched her flinched in her sleep. A groan came out of her lips and her forehead started to wrinkle as if she was having a bad dream.

In a second, his eyes met her dark ones. Nagsalubong ang kilay nito na para bang kinikilala siya at nagtataka kung bakit siya naroon. After a minute or two, her mouth turned an o as if finally, everything dawned on her.

Nanatiling nakamasid si Eugene rito nang dahan-dahan itong umupo sa ibabaw ng kama at isinandig ang likod sa headboard. He swallowed when he saw the form of her breasts before she pulled the comforter to cover her body. Knowing that she was only wearing his shirt behind the cover made him think of lewd things.

He changed her clothes when he brought her to his house. The devil was whispering to his ears to look and touch her body while he was dressing her and he had to muster a whole heap of self-control not to.

"H-how long I've been out?" Natigil ang pagpapantasya ni Eugene nang marinig ang tanong na iyon.

"Two days... and five hours," he muttered indifferently.

Vodka gasped softly and Eugene had to clasp his hands into tight fists. There's that voice in his ears again and it was telling him to step closer to her and pinned her on his bed.

"That long?"

"You have a concussion, your head hit the door frame of my car," he answered with a shrug as if it was enough explanation as to why she overslept.