𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲. -groundhog day

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎
( groundhog day ! )

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎( groundhog day ! )

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍 world was excruciating for all parties involved, Bonnie was working hard to try and regain her magic; Damon was busy trying to convince himself that he was no longer in love with Brooklyn and well, Brooklyn was still adapting to being alive.

"So, it's like Groundhog Day?" Damon asked, looking down at Brooklyn who was laying, reading a newspaper, with her head in his lap.

"Pretty much, we're just reliving the same day," she shrugged, moving over to the crossword, a look of concentration stained on her face.

Damon decided to leave her to the crossword, so he stayed sat on the sofa, flushing out the memories that tried to escape.

With a huff, Brooklyn threw the newspaper across the room, the pencil following shortly after. The vampire just looked down at her, his eyebrows raised as she calmed herself down.

"I hate newspapers, i mean who thought it's be a good idea to make them?" Brooklyn asked, taking magic from Damon and muttering a simple 'incendia'.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Damon joked, earning a glare from his ex-girlfriend who was sitting up, pushing herself off of him.

"If you haven't noticed, I've been dead for two years, I come back to life to find out my boyfriend moved on with the one girl I can not stand," she started, making herself come closer to him yet again.
"We end up in a bloody paradox where we live the same day over and over again, so excuse me if i'm a little agitated,"

She shoved him before walking up the stairs, not even looking at Bonnie twice. Her sister watched the whole thing, her mouth agape as she watched Brooklyn storm off, not attempting to break the silence with Damon.

"I'm going to go and talk to her," Damon muttered, following the Bennett witch up the stairs and into his bedroom.

When he walked in, she was curled up next his duvet, tear stains on her face as she softly snored, the exhaustion of coming back to life getting to her. Without a word, Damon grabbed his quilt, laying it over the sleeping girl before placing a kiss on her forehead.

Damon returned downstairs to a smirking Bonnie. With a roll of his eyes, he grabbed the nearest bottle of bourbon and started drinking it.

"Conversation didn't go so well?" she asked, sitting as far away from him as she could on the sofa.

"She was asleep when I got up there," he shrugged, going back to drinking his bottle.

"Do you still love her?" Bonnie asked again, her head tilted as she tried to read the vampire's expression.
"And don't lie just because of Elena,"

"Yes, I still love her Bonnie," Damon muttered, lowering his head.
"I still love her and it hurts because i moved on, Elena is in love with me and i'm not in love with her,"

"Talk to Brooklyn, tell her how you feel, god knows how long we're going to be stuck here,"

Damon just smiled at her, heading back upstairs to jump in the shower and leave Brooklyn to sleep. Thoughts he shouldn't be thinking we're running through his head at a million miles an hour. Elena thinks he is dead, she'd know no different. It wasn't morally right to emotionally cheat on your girlfriend when she is grieving but he couldn't help it.

After getting out of the shower, he dries himself off, grabbing clothes from his wardrobe before checking on Brooklyn and making sure she wasn't overheating with how warm it was. When he touched her head, she was hot to the touch, scaring Damon immensely.

He pulled down the covers and turned to get a bottle of water before he heard her jolt awake. The uneven sounds of her heavy breathing sent chills down his spine. Turning around, he handed her the bottle of water before pulling her into his chest, never muttering a word.

"Nightmare," she whispered, the memory of Klaus snapping her neck playing on a loop in her head.

"It's okay," he muttered back, pulling her into him as he cradled her back and forth. Placing a kiss on her forehead, he watched as she eventually dozed off, him joining shortly after.

When Bonnie went up to check on them, her smile grew as she looked at the ex-couple with fondness. Damon truly did love her sister.

While the two slept, Bonnie went out to explore, trying to find any way to get her magic back but ultimately failing. Bonnie was their only hope, unless they found something with a large enough spell for Brooklyn to siphon.

After grabbing some groceries to make it seem like she'd been shopping, she returned to the boarding house, greeted with Damon on the couch.

"How's Brooklyn?" she asked, placing the shopping onto the kitchen counters.

"She's coping," he replied, taking another sip of his drink.
"She's having nightmares,"

"She just came back from the dead, after being turned," Bonnie began, taking a seat next to him.
"She came back to life, found out that her dad had just died, she is bound to have nightmares,"

"I don't like seeing her in pain,"

"You're allowed to hurt too Damon," Bonnie added, getting up to put away the groceries.
"You watched the girl you love die in your arms, then you got her back but you're in a relationship,"

"I would drop everything for her, Bonnie,"

"I'm not asking you to," Brooklyn countered, taking the bottle of bourbon from his hands.

Bonnie was in the middle of an argument between two soulmates and she hated every second of it.

a/n: i am so sorry this took so long, i rewrote it about three times not liking where it was going

ps: i made the top gif myself xD