𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲. -empty threats

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎
( empty threats ! )

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎( empty threats ! )

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

𝐇𝐔𝐃𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍, 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐋𝐘𝐍 grabbed his hand, taking some of his magic without putting him in any more pain than he was already in. With a mutter of a spell, Brooklyn sent Kai flying across the room, giving her time to help Damon to his feet.

"That, I did not see coming," Kai whispered as he got himself up. He had known that Bonnie was a witch, just with no magic, but it had never occurred to him that Brooklyn would be one too.

Grabbing more magic from Damon, she strode forward, smiling to herself when the man took a few steps back. With a grin, he raised his hands.

"Friends?" he asked, a nervous grin on his face. The messy haired girl just tilted her head before sending him flying across the room again.

Helping Damon to his feet, Brooklyn sighed, relieved that she could still use magic. Just before she could move, Kai had knocked her over, snapping a wooden parasol and making his way over to Damon.

Before either of them could react, Kai had smashed all the bottles of bourbon on the shelf, spraying vervain everywhere. Brooklyn knew Damon was in too much pain for her to take magic from him, so she didn't.

"Get away from him," she heard Bonnie say, her eyes widening as she turned around. Both her and Damon were surprised at how soon Bonnie returned.

"Oh look, the useless one is here. I've watched you try to do magic for months, what're you going to do, fail at me?" Kai laughed, making the elder Bennett snigger slightly but instantly regain her composure.

Slowly, the man made his way over to the vampire, flipping the snapped parasol in his hand. Luckily for Damon, a swooshing sound was heard and the candle beside Bonnie had lit on fire. At this, Kai's face dropped and Brooklyn's eyebrow raised as she heard her tell Damon to run. Without warning Damon grabbed her by the waist, taking her with him and leaving Bonnie to take down Kai.

"Are you okay?" Brooklyn asked him as she cupped his face with her hand. He nodded and she rested her head on his as a stray tear strolled down her face. Just as they were calling down, a streak of fire made its way toward them, Damon rushing to deal with Kai.

"Thank you, I'm very much fireproof. I appreciate the help!" the girl yelled sarcastically, trying to get out of the ring of fire that was surrounding her. With a wince, she gave up, her hands blistering as she tried not to cry.

"I'm so sorry Brooklyn," Bonnie gushed, putting out the fire and grabbing her by the wrist to inspect her hands. The older girl just shrugged it off, walking and catching up to the man that she was so hopelessly in love with, ignoring the fact that he had an unconscious man dangling over his shoulder.

When the group arrived back at the boarding house, Brooklyn ran to the bathroom, looking for a first aid kit. Looking in the mirror, she noticed a certain raven haired man at the door watching her.

"Are you gonna help me, or just watch me struggle?" she asked, smiling at him slightly as she tried to unwrap the bandages.

With a chuckle, he walked over, taking the bandages out of her hand and putting them next to the sink. He tapped the counter, encouraging her to sit on it and she did just that.

"It would be so much easier if you just let me heal you with my blood." he sighed, grabbing her hands and covering them with antiseptic cream.

"I don't want to risk it," she smiled, wincing as he touched the burns.

"I forgot how stubborn you were," shaking his head, Damon began to wrap her hands in the beige coloured bandages.

"You're going to have to get used to it again," she grinned.

After both of her hands were wrapped, the two of them just stayed completely still, staring into each other's eyes, subconsciously leaning closer to one another.

"He's waking up!" they heard Bonnie yell, making them separate immediately. Damon just closed the first aid kit and left the room, leaving Brooklyn alone and confused.

Looking down at her hands, she had regretted not allowing Damon to heal her as she now had to stick to limited movements but she was too stubborn to ask him to do it.

Wondering down the stairs, Brooklyn listened to the conversation the other two were having with Kai. She went straight to the kitchen so that she could hear the conversation but not have to engage in it.

"Where's your girlfriend?" she heard Kai ask, spilling the water from the kettle all over the counters.

"She's not my girlfriend," Damon spat, making Kai's face shrink with confusion.

He had seen the way that the two had interacted, he treated Brooklyn much different than he treated Bonnie, leading Kai to assume that they were together. From Damon calming her down from anxiety attacks and Brooklyn making Damon food at 4 am as they watched Pulp Fiction because he couldn't sleep. Down to the matching face masks that Brooklyn made them do and Damon teaching her how to ride a bike.

"So that means I can shoot my shot, huh?" Kai smirked, laughing when Damon's fist connected with his face.

"If you lay a hand on her, if you talk to her or if you even look in her direction, I will kill you," Damon threatened, quieter than his normal voice so that Brooklyn couldn't hear him.

"That seems like a pretty empty threat Damon, you won't kill me,"

"I won't kill you? Try me,"

"You won't kill me, because I know how we can get out of here," Kai smirked once again.

Bonnie was delighted, however, Damon wasn't all too sure if he wanted to go back, here he had Brooklyn, there, he was stuck in a toxic relationship with Elena.

a/n: I AM SO SO SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG. i finished school like 3 weeks ago and then i got covid and i have had really bad writers block. but i have lots of new ideas so i'm really excited to get back into it!! don't forget to vote! <33

marvel fans: i have a yelena belova (wlw) and a bucky barnes fic in the works so keep an eye out for them!!