America's story

Here is Chapter 8!!!

Enjoy reading! \ (•◡•) /

______________________________________________________________________

"You don't trust me." Russia stared at the German who glanced at him whilst washing the dishes. "Partly." He said, then faced back and focused on the utensils. Russia placed the last plate beside Germany and stayed there, making the German look at him and raise an eyebrow. "If you didn't want me here, then why did you tell me to stay?" Germany sighed and cleaned the sink.

"Firstly, you had your wound in your stomach and arm," Germany washed his hands and wiped them with a towel. "Secondly, everyone here wanted you to stay," He stepped closer to the Russian and looked directly at his eyes. "Thirdly, my vote wouldn't count since the majority raised their hands." He narrowed his eyes and placed his finger on Russia's chest, pointing at him. "Lastly, it's because-"

"I love you!!!" "Yes, No, What?" Germany turned around and saw Japan, Italy, America and China smirking and placing a thumbs up. "What are you guys doing here?" The German tilted his head and moved away from the Russian. "Aw, you know, curious why you'd let Russia do the dishes with you alone~" America waggled his eyebrows at the two. "And curiosity killed this cat." Japan pointed at herself and squealed in excitement.

"Plus, it's still so early. The time right now is seven-thirty p.m," China looked at the clock at the side of the wall. Italy starred at the Russian and pointed at him. "You know, I think I saw him blushed a bit." The others giggled while placing their hands on their mouths. "No, I didn't." "No, he didn't." Germany and Russia said it at the same time and looked at each other in confusion.

"Anyways, we were hoping to continue where we left. But this time, it's going to be me!" The American pushed everyone to their seats and clapped his hands. "Buckle up, dear brethren of mine, for I shall-" "Just get to the point, Ame." China sighed and crossed his arms. "Tch, fine."

"Okay, it was that day when..."

"Ame, We can't go in there. Dad said so." The Canadian stopped in his tracks, knowing the American will bring trouble. "Dads' workplace. They said to keep my eyes on you three, and I am doing that perfectly." America grinned and faced back at his unsatisfied brothers. "But didn't Dada said not to visit him at work?" New Zealand raised a brow and crossed his arms.

"Mate, don't you want to see how does dad earn his money?" Australia sided with the American. "Enough chit chat, let's get to the building over there. I'm sure kids like us can blend in through the crowd." America sighed and pointed at the building in front of them.

As they entered the building, music of the 1900s floated in the air with chattering voices. The lobby was being filled with people characterized by tailored suits and the aesthetic colours of dresses. The sparkling diamond chandeliers light and the beautiful paintings on the walls made the whole place feel like a day in the 20th Century.

Suddenly, People started smiling and staring at them as if they were predators eyeing on their preys as they drink their champagne or wine. A woman wearing a black suit with a hat on her head approached the four kids and stood in front of them, blocking their path and giving a cold expression.

 "Do you have any business here, Jungs?" (Boys) America looked at the woman and narrowed his eyes. "Who the heck are you?" 

 "I'm Mrs Reich, Daughter of the G.E, a mother of two children, and the vice president of the O.S.E. Whether or not you came here for a reason, kids like you should leave." She pushed them to the exit. "Scatter!" The American shouted and ran away from the woman together with the Australian. Canada and New Zealand ran and followed the two to the elevator. 

"Those kids are getting on my nerves. Do they even know where they're going?" She ran her hands on her face and sighed loudly. "Ame, what floor does dad works at?" Canada questioned the American as his finger waited for a reply to push the button. "I think I overheard them talking about a basement last night." America shrugged. "Try B2."

"Okay, If you say so..." The Canadian pushed the button B2 and waited for the numbers to go lower. 'Ding' The elevator reached the basement, and to their surprise, nobody was there. No cars, doors and stairs, just a long brick wall that was still under construction. "I think it's B1." The small Australian pointed at the button with a note beside it. "Authorised personnel only. That must be it." 

"We can't go in there! We're going to get caught!" Canada silently exclaimed. "Not if they don't see us," America smirked and pushed the B1 button. 'Ding' The doors opened, and they saw wooden stairs going up and down and white doors with different numbers written on them, giving strange vibes. "It's creepy in here. Ame, let's go back-"

"Don't be a coward, Nz. Your big bro will protect you." He lifted his head and pointed at himself confidently. "We're doomed." Canada and Australia shot a doubtful look to the American, making him give a 'Can't you have a little faith in me?' kind of look back at them. They suddenly heard people screaming and sounds of gunshots coming from down the stairs. 

Australia, Canada, and New Zealand covered their ears and kneeled on the floor as America peaked at the scene in front of him. He froze at the pool of blood that came out from dead bodies with the lack of limbs. A kid, no, a monster, annihilated the workers in a matter of minutes as the others try to take him down. America's eyes opened wide, and he covered his mouth as he felt disgusted at the gruesome view.

'Bang!' Door 23126 slammed open, and a kid ran through the halls with blood on his face and shirt. He laughed triumphantly and turned right, seeing the frozen American blocking his way. "走开!!!" (Get out of the way) The kid shouted at him whilst running and bumped at America, making them fall on the floor.

The American groan in pain and gasped when he saw somebody in front of him having crimson stains on his face and his shirt. "Are you deaf or what? Didn't I shout loud enough for you to hear?" The kid stood up and looked at his side, seeing the Italian killing everyone around him. "杀光他们!!" (Kill them all) The kid yelled and cheered at Italy but stopped when the Italian shot a dead look at him while ripping off an arm.

"Hey! 23126, come back here!" A man came out from the door, holding a knife in his hand. "If you want to survive, you have to follow me. Come on!" China grabbed the American and helped the Canadian with his brothers, and started running down the stairs. They rushed through the door, China and America speeding up while the rest of his brothers slowed down, trying to catch their breaths.

China and America ended up in the parking lot but was encountered by that same woman America met a while ago. "Mrs Reich, what are you doing here?" China narrowed his eyes at the woman, unsure of what she might do to him. "Waiting for my sons. They should have been here by now." She looked around and then faced the American. 

"You didn't go with your brothers?" America widened his eyes and then looked at his back and seen no sign of them. "Your parents must have arrived and found your siblings. They worked there after all." America paused and remembered what he saw earlier. "That kid. Do you make children like him monsters?" China looked at the woman who bent down to the American's height.

"Yes. Yes, we do. But I need you to make a decision." She lends her hand in front of the American. "If you take my hand, I'll tell you everything and stop this nightmare, but you have to stay with me and the others. If you don't, you can go back and reunite with your brothers and parents and know nothing about what you saw today."

"I took her hand, and here I am today. I have no regrets!" America placed his hands on his hips and then sat down on his chair. "Now that you have finished, everyone should go to bed." Germany yawned tiredly, stood up and went in the direction of his room. "Anyone wants to change his nickname into Sleeping Beauty? Anyone? No?" America asked and raised his hands as the others stood up and went back to their rooms.

__________________________________________________________

1469 words.

Thanks for reading this chapter!!