The End

Chapter 23!!

WhEeEEEeeeeE

_______________________________________________________________________

He woke up, tears freely rolling down his cheeks. The same dream again. He slowly rose from the bed, adjusting his sitting position to feel more comfortable before gazing out the window. He saw the dark blue sky deepened over the broad and starlight night, and the full moon graced the sky, watching them all sleep. Curious, He looked at the clock, checking the time.

12:00 am midnight.

Great. Germany only took 15 minutes of sleep rather than his usual 2 hours of sleep. He knew he still needed to go back to bed, but he didn't want to. He sighed and decided to go for a short walk around the garden, trying to release some energy to tire himself out. Instead, he came across a familiar face sitting under the same tree, watching the quiet night.

He didn't want to interrupt, so he joined with him. He sat down beside the man, who flinched and stared at him, surprised. "What's with the face? It seems like you've seen a ghost." He spoke, his voice hoarse and low, clearly caused by sleepless nights. "...And it seems you haven't been sleeping lately, again." The man replied as he heard him sigh deeply.

"I've... been dreaming... about everything..." "Everything?" It was a long pause. It took him a while to gather things up in his head before responding to the man. "The day when I met them when I met you. The first and last days of the O.S.E, the horrible lies and excruciating truths. The wounds you all received and the sacrifice of my mother, and I-I don't know."

He hid his face with his legs, squeezing his arms tight. He knew it was months ago the nightmare had ended. And that they're finally free, but something was still bothering him. He shook it off and looked at the Russian with tired eyes, trying to avoid sleep. "And what about you? You're still up until now."

Russia noticed what the German was doing, giving a deep sigh before showing him a gentle smile. He pulled the German closer to him and let him lay down on his shoulders, surprising Germany. "Well, unlike you, I'm not tired at all." "Yeah, right... We had a lot of things to do today, and you were doing most of it. How can you not be tired?"

Russia kept quiet. His hands started shaking on the German's shoulders. Compared to the others, Russia could keep a straight and emotionless face rather than showing he was angry, sad, jealous, etc. He wasn't the type to open up and would always stay silent, only letting his actions and eyes show what he was feeling. Unless, of course, he couldn't hold it in. And Germany knew that.

"Russland..." He held his hand and waited for him to calm down. "It's alright to be scared. You don't have to hide it." Germany gazed at Russia's ice-blue eyes, which soon started to turn red and watery. Russia faced away from him, not allowing him to see his vulnerable side. He didn't know why he kept hiding it all, even though Germany has seen most of it for these past months. 

"Hey..." He felt his face being touch by the German's hand, wiping away his teary eyes as he sees Germany in front of him clearer. Russia felt like a baby, but he liked the warmth Germany gives to his cold cheeks. "You don't need to hide it all. I won't judge. And if you don't want to talk about, it that's okay. Just know that I will be here if you need someone-"

He suddenly was pulled in for a hug. He let out a soft sigh and slowly wrapped his arms around Russia. Although, unlike others, this hug was different. It felt... affectionate. They could hear each other's heartbeat as if time itself stopped for a while, and they felt the need not to let go of each other. It was a first. "Германия." Germany could feel the hug slightly getting tighter.