𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑜

[ Chapter Two ]

A Missing Droid

"Luke, Katerina? Luke, Katerina! Come to dinner!" Beru called for them.

Kat and Luke stood up, and headed to their aunt and uncle.

"You know, I think that R2 unit we bought might have been stolen." Luke told them. "What makes you think that?" Owen questioned his nephew. "Well, I-we stumbled across a recording while I was cleaning him. He says he belongs to someone named Obi-Wan Kenobi." Luke explained.

Katerina took a sip of her drink, looking between her cousin and uncle.

"I thought he might have meant old Ben. Do you know what he's talking about? Well, I wonder if he's related to Ben."

Owen broke loose of uncontrolled anger, causing Kat to blink and had to calm herself mentally.

"That old man's just a crazy old wizard. Tomorrow I want you two to take that R2 unit into anchorhead and have its memory flushed. That'll be the end of it. It belongs to us now." He calmed down somewhat.

"But what if this Obi-Wan comes looking for him?" Luke wondered.

"He won't, I don't think he exists anymore. He died about the same time as your fathers." Their uncle told him.

Katerina had stayed quiet the whole time. It wasn't like she had much to say on the matter. "He knew our fathers?" Luke asked. "I told you to forget it. Your only concern is to prepare the new droids for tomorrow. In the morning I want them on the south ridge working out those condensers." Kat continued eating her food.

"Yes, sir. I think those new droids are going to work out fine. In fact, I, uh, was also thinking about our agreement about me staying on another season. And if these new droids do work out, I want to transmit my application to the Academy this year." Katerina still stayed silent, she was not ready to deal with this.

"You mean the next semester before harvest?" The older Skywalker cousin knew what was coming next.

"Sure, there's more than enough droids." Luke argued.

"Harvest is when I need you most. Only one more season. This year we'll make enough on the harvest so I'll be able to hire some more hands. And then you can go to the academy next year." Luke continued toying with his food and didn't look at Owen.

"You must understand I need you here, Luke."

"But it's a whole 'nother year." Luke complained. "Look, it's only one more season." Luke pushed his half-eaten plate of food to the side and stood up, "Yeah, that's what you said last year when Biggs and Tank left." He said.

"Where are you going?" Beru asked. "It looks like I'm going nowhere. I have to finish cleaning those droids."

After a few minutes of just sitting there, Kat stood up, making her aunt and uncle look at her. "Wh-" "I'm finished eating." She said simply, "Also, uncle Owen," she paused, "Luke deserves to go with his friends, away from Tatooine." And with that, the Skywalker walked out.

----

She walked into the room.

And as soon as she did, she noticed Luke running out, and naturally, she followed him.

"How could I be so stupid? He's nowhere in sight. Blast it!" Luke said. "Pardon me, sir, but couldn't we go after him?" C-3PO asked. "It's too dangerous with all the Sandpeople around. We'll have to wait until morning." Luke stated.

"Boy, am I gonna get it." Luke said after Owen said they were shutting down power.

"Luke, you are aware that you're not the only one here, right?" Luke jumped when he noticed Kat. "You know, that little droid is gonna get us in a lot of trouble."

"Oh, he excels in that, sir, ms."

I don't know why, but I'm really excited for Kat to "meet" Obi-Wan. Even though she technically met him when she was a baby and you know, he tried to look after her for a day.

I'm supposed to be doing homework. Send help.

Okay, bye!