"We Need To Talk"

Lester kept silent as we drove down lamplit streets. Despite the late hour, sinners still roamed around. The air inside the car was tense, and when I glanced over, I saw Lester gripping onto the steering wheel as if holding on for dear life. 

He pulled up in front of a club most sinners couldn't even dream of entering. When my bodyguard began to unbuckle his seatbelt, I held out my hand and said, "Give me your piece and stay here. I need to do this alone."

Lester gave me a wary look before handing over his revolver. Tucking into the inside pocket of my jacket, I smiled wryly, "Don't worry, if shit hits the fan, you'll know. Hell, the entire Pentagram will know."

The doorman let me in wordlessly. Even with my most underground operation, I still had pull on the surface. I strode down a hall that smelled like cigar smoke and leather polish towards a private room reserved for the club's most exclusive guests. A guard at the door blocked my way for a moment before seeing exactly who I was and let me inside. 

Three men sat around a table, drinking top-shelf bourbon and talking shop. However, the conversation died down as soon as I entered the room. 

"Carl, Markus," I nodded to the owner of the club and the manager, "Good to see you again."

Then I turned to the guest they had been entertaining, my voice colder this time, "And you. We need to talk."