The Red And White Rose

"What's the fucking body count?" I hissed, lighting a cigarette as I watched Ian and Lester dump the bodies of several gangsters by the door. Alastor stood next to me, his fingers playing along the barrel of his gun. 

"Three of theirs, two of ours, including the bartender," Lester said, handing me a red rose with the center painted white. I took the little token and held it in my palm for a minute before closing my fingers around it, crushing the flower. 

"Henry fucking McKenny." I spat, throwing the painted rose to the ground. 

"The one who styles himself after Henry the Eighth?" Alastor raised an eyebrow, slightly amused. I grit my teeth and nodded. 

"He's the closest thing I have to competition these days. Apparently, he's looking to scale the stakes." I replied, pulling on the cigarette. The end glowed and ate at the tobacco. 

"So what are you going to do about it?" Alastor asked, turning his insane grin to me. 

I looked down at the crushed red and white rose on the floor before stepping on it, grating it beneath my shoe. I imagined doing that to Henry McKenny himself for shooting up my club. Repairing the damage and reputation was going to be absolute hell. 

"I'm going to choke him with the barrel of my gun," I said in a scarily calm voice, "Then I'm going to blow his Tudor impersonating brains out."