Do You Want To Come In For A Drink?

I had Alastor's town car drop me off back at my club, and like the gentleman he was, Alastor insisted on walking me to my office. The band was still playing and patrons drank, danced, and laughed without a care in the world. Only a few glanced at us as we disappeared up the stairs that led to my office and a lounge reserved for special guests. 

Unlocking my office door with a key, I said, "Thank you for tonight, Alastor. It was nice to go out to dinner without it being a business meeting."

Grinning, the Radio Demon replied, "It was my pleasure, my dear."

I glanced between Alastor and my open door. Now that there was something obvious between us, I decided to take the leap, "Do you want to come in for a drink?"

Maybe it was that commercial wine, or maybe it was the knowledge that I was on home turf, but my hands were steady as I poured us each a glass of my best whiskey. Handing one to Alastor, I raised my own in a small toast, "To mutually beneficial arrangements."

Alastor clinked his glass against mine before taking a drink. Then setting his glass on my desk, he said, "I hope you know I meant every word of what I said tonight."

"Oh, I know." I replied from over the rim of my own glass. 

Taking a step forward so that he now stood in front of me, Alastor's fingers lifted my chin so that I was looking right into his crimson gaze. Wordlessly, he lowered his lips to mine, kissing me in such as way that made my knees weak.