A Deal With The Devil

Alastor's grin was stiff and he appeared annoyed at my presence, "It's rude to interrupt a conversation."

"It's also rude to interrupt someone's business," I replied, narrowing my eyes. Though I kept my sight trained on Alastor, I could hear Carl and Markus discretely get up and leave. Just as well, I wanted this to be a private conversation. 

Taking one of the abandoned seats, I continued, "One of the businesses you solicited tonight happens to be one of my best customers. Your presence...disrupts my relationship with them."

Alastor cocked his head to the side, looking more amused than annoyed now, "I see. And you felt the need to play the knight in shining armor?"

"I felt the need to protect my interests," I replied, feeling like we were about to square off. Alastor looked thoughtful for a moment before bursting out in laughter. 

"My, my, how entertaining," He chuckled, leaning forward, "You've piqued my interest, my dear. Not everyone has the gall to confront me. Tell you what, I've been searching for ways to expand my...services. Having a supplier on hand could make clients more accommodating."

He had caught me off guard. Narrowing my eyes, I clarified, "You're proposing a business deal?"

Alastor nodded. I thought about it for a moment, considering my options before saying, "One condition, you leave my current clients alone."

Alastor's grin spread across his face even wider, "You drive a hard bargain, but I'll take it."

He extended his hand for me to shake. Leaning forward, I gripped his hand, shaking it firmly, "Then we have ourselves a deal."