Mingi's story

---No one's POV---

They all left, leaving Y/n to sleep. Yunho was in shock. 

"What was that?" He asked, tensed. 

"I never knew she would do that," Wooyoung said. 

"Self-harm? Why would she do it?" Yunho asked, worried. 

Yeosang just looked at them silently. 

"Tell us something." Wooyoung asked Yeosang. 

"Do you not know why she's hurting herself?" He asked, looking at Wooyoung. 

"You know why your brother left this world," He asked. Wooyoung stood frozen. 

"She's going under depression. She doesn't have a good appetite and she's not able to sleep at night. She harms herself, to get rid of those voices, to get rid of that emotional pain. It gives her relief." Yeosang said. They both stood there, frozen. 

"Recently, there was an article which said that a girl started harming herself when she lost her brother, people were bullying her and she was assaulted. Y/n's is also the same, except that Seonghwa left without a reason and that she was on the verge of getting assaulted." Yeosang said. 

"W-what can be done to this?" Yunho asked. 

"I don't know. Everything can change, only if Y/n is willing to. Better ask everyone to behave good towards her or else this might go to the next level." Yeosang said and looked at Wooyoung. 

"Wooyoung, you couldn't save your brother's life but don't let go of another one." He said and left. 

Yunho left too and Wooyoung stood there. He walked to his room and looked at the photo of his brother hanging on the wall and cried silently. 

"I won't let another life go." He whispered under his breath and wiped his tears.

---time skip---

It was 8 at night and Y/n sat on the bed, thinking about things. Yunho walked into the room and saw Y/n awake. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked. Y/n just nodded her head. 

"Where is the terrace?" She asked. 

"The last floor, you'll find a wall filled with paintings." He said. She nodded and headed to the terrace. 

She found it and headed out. She stood there and felt the cool breeze hit her wounded face. She looked up at the night sky, filled with stars and a bright moon. 

She cried silently, letting out all her pain and pressure. 

"Why?" She whispered under her breath.

"Y/n." She heard a voice. She immediately wiped her tears and turned to be greeted by Mingi. 

"Are you feeling better?" He asked. She nodded her head. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"Just came to get some fresh air." She replied. 

"Wanna join me?" He asked. She hesitated at first but then agreed. 

They both leaned on the wall and stayed silent. They didn't talk about anything. 

"So, um... what do you like to do?" He asked. 

"Uh... I like painting. I can sketch, do 3-D painting... and baking." 

"That's a lot," Mingi said, smiling. 

"What about you?" She asked. 

"I like dancing, my sleep, playing games. And I love troubling others, especially Seonghwa you-" He paused as he realized whose name he was mentioning. 

"It's ok." She said and smiled warmly at him. There was silence again. 

Y/n's POV

"Can I ask you something? If you are interested you can answer, if not it's ok, I understand." I asked, to break the silence between us. 

He hummed in response. I felt nervous to ask him about it, but I was curious to know. 

"Yeosang told that everyone has a reason to become a mafia... What is your reason to be part of the mafia gang? I'm not forcing you." I asked. 

He stayed silent for 10 seconds and sighed. 

"I had a younger brother. He was the sweetest and loved me more than anything. I too loved him a lot. But then... my parents sold him to some other family, cause they were money-minded. I tried stopping them but they took him away from me." He paused. 

"He was only 10 years old. He didn't know much about the outside world. After school, I used to secretly visit that house, and I was left in shock and tears. He was brutally beaten up and abused by them. He worked as a servant and if he did anything wrong, he was kicked and slapped. He looked even worse than you. It hurt me a lot." He said, with an emotionless face.

"Before I could get him out of there, he jumped off from the building. I miss him a lot. It hurts me that I couldn't get him out of there. You know, he always wanted to be an astronaut and I was excited to get him from there and let him follow his dream. But nothing's in our hands." He said. I was shocked to hear it. 

"Aish... I'll head down first," And he left from there. I was left in my thoughts.

'Has everyone lost their close ones, which made them become a mafia? But what does Seonghwa have to do with this?' I thought. 

"What are you doing here?" I came back to reality when Wooyoung entered. 

"N-nothing. Just wanted some air." I said. 

"From now on, if you are going anywhere, inform me." He said, calmly. I was quite surprised to hear him talk like this.

"Why should I?" I asked. 

"You don't need to know that. Just let me know." He said. I looked at him, confused but didn't agree with it. 

"What are you here for?" I asked, changing the topic. 

"I came to tell you that dinner's ready. Come." He said and held my hand and took me down. 

'Is he ill or what? What's with this sudden change? Something must be there. Don't trust him easily.' 

We soon reached and I seated myself between Yeosang and Yunho. 

I served myself, which was little. I was used to not eating and I don't feel like eating. 

"Y/n, have some more food," Yunho said. 

"Nah, I'm good," I said and started eating. The others were talking about stuff while I just minded my own business. 

"Y/n, what is your dream?" Jongho asked. 

"How does it matter to you?" I asked, calmly. I didn't want to pull a fight. 

"Just wanted to know." He said. 

"I don't remember," I said and headed to put my plate amongst the other dishes. 

I headed to the room and sat down. I scrolled through my phone and saw that I received 15 missed calls from Jinyoung. I was quite surprised. I didn't call back, though. 

They must be worried and I don't want to put more pressure on them. 

Yeosang soon came in and lay on the bed. 

"Y/n, we're going on a mission today. So, we may not be there. Stay safe." He said. I nodded and lay on my bed. 

Yeosang stayed up as he'd leave anytime.