𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 ⇁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1282

Hello! There's a small poll you should check out at the end of the chapter. :o

Annalise paused, before turning silent.

Y/n was a bit confused at that action, and assumed it was because it was a sensitive topic.

"You alright?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm fine." The noirette replied nonchalantly, looking at her with a questionable look.

"Then why'd you stop?" The ghost spat out, wanting to know.

"Ha, it looks like you were actually listening." She spoke, smiling. "I'm surprised. But, you won't hear the rest of the story until we're close enough to Rowan."

"That's not very fair. You left me on a cliff hanger!" Y/n noticed, squinting her eyes at her.

For the past 10 minutes she was pretty immersed in the story, imagining the story in her head. Plus, she knew much more about Annalise now and she wanted to learn more.

"Exactly, which is what makes you more keen on knowing the end. That'll get you excited when I tell you." The German girl said, a mischievous smile on her face.

"Why can't you tell me now? I'm excited now, aren't I?" She gave her an unimpressed look.

"Yes, but if I tell you now that'll ruin the moment." Annalise declared, as if it was the easiest thing to figure out in the world.

"What moment?" Y/n interrogated.

The noirette just ignored the question, and went onto a newer subject.

"You learnt some stuff about me, now tell me some stuff about you."

"What do you want to know?"

"Well, for starters, where are you from?" She suggested, her recent expression now turning into a curious one. "I sure haven't seen anything remotely close to you."

"Do you want the truth?" The ghost asked with uncertainty, to which her new friend nodded. "Okay, but it might sound a bit odd."

"That's fine."

"Well, I 'spawned' in some abandoned island. I didn't have any memory of how I got here. I only remember a few things, and most are linked to my death and my home." Y/n explained slowly, watching Annalise's expression closely.

Her expression didn't look suspicious, which was a relief. It was actually one full of wonder, which soon dissolved into something different.

"Oh! I heard of that sort of thing happening to ghosts in a legend! You only turn into a ghost if you have unfinished business in the living world." She recited, getting more excited at every word which led her to speeding up her explanation. "Some ghosts are spawned with the memory of everything, and the others only remember certain things."

Once the noirette was done, she was practically out of breath. "Maybe that's what's happening to you!"

The ghost stayed silent, raising an eyebrow at the new information. "That sounds rather insane."

"I know! Can you believe it?" She exclaimed, getting all giddy from the excitement. "We might be famous! I mean, it's not everyday a ghost from the legends comes to your home town! Everyone-"

Y/n didn't have the heart to burst her friend's bubble, because she seemed pretty excited. The way she was babbling signaled that she was carefree, and untroubled. It seemed she forgot her age, or her air of superiority. It reminded her of something...

"We can make a business!"

"Yeah!"

It was a rainy day, and two kids were stuck inside, discussing business plans. They looked to be around 12 or 13. They were in a small hut, that seemed like it'd collapse at any moment. It was made of simple oak planks, and looked like a small box. It wasn't really well built, but it was something. It had a flat roof, and was pretty cramped. The building barely had room for any stuff, let alone two people. There wasn't a door, which was pretty problematic. A boy with curly brown hair was stood up, as he gazed at the drizzly weather outside. He was sat down, hugging his knees. The girl had her back pressed against the wall, and was sitting cross legged. She had pretty y/e/c eyes, who reflected the environment outdoors. They were both facing each other, but made sure not to touch each other. That action was frowned upon here. Both kids were at the edge of the hut, leaning on both walls. They were trying to stay dry, but since this place was so tiny, small drops splattered on their clothing.

"It's a good thing we made this hut when we did." The girl commented, sticking her hand outside.

"Yup, but maybe we should've made it a tad bigger." The boy suggested, frowning at the mess they called 'the hut'.

"Perhaps." She shrugged. "But we didn't have the materials, let alone the skill."

"You should've seen me chopping down that tree. Now that's what I call skill." He beamed, puffing out his chest proudly.

"What skill? I was there, and it took you about half an hour to chop some weak oak tree." The girl with y/h/c hair accused, raising an eyebrow plainfully as she took her hand out of the rain.

"Well, the least you could've done was help Y/n." The kid stated overdramatically, before adding. "Instead, you stood there staring. I know I'm attractive, but you didn't need to make it that obvious."

Y/n snickered, patting her best friend's shoulder. "Oh, sweet, innocent, Wilbur. Look at yourself in the mirror, and try to keep your word. And the reason I was 'staring'" - She did quotation marks with her fingers once she pronounced the word - "Was because I didn't want to miss anything. It was so pathetic to see you try to fight an old tree, and you were losing!"

At that, she burst out laughing, exclaiming incoherent words. The only thing Wilbur made out was "You- you just kept missing! And the tree wasn't even moving!" Unsurprisingly, Y/n couldn't keep talking since she was too busy laughing while trying to get air into her system.

"Are you done yet?" He demanded, his voice sounding un-amused. But yet he fought back a smile, and failed.

"Just- just give me a second!" She replied, raising her hand before smacking her knee. "Oh my gosh, and you were frikin sweating too!"

The brunet just crossed his arms, smiling.

It took a few minutes for her to calm down, and when her breathing finally slowed down.

"At least I was contributing. I bet you couldn't chop a tree, even if you wanted to." Wilbur challenged, a teasing grin at his face.

"Oh, it is on. When the rain slows down, I'll do it. You wanna bet on it?" Y/n proposed, rubbing her hands together half for the effect, half for the warmth.

"Deal. Let's see . . . what about the person who wins get's a free pass where they can decide what we'll do tomorrow." He suggested, knowing he'd win.

"Sounds good." She smiled, offering her hand. "Let's shake on it?"

The boy nodded, and stuck out his hand. They shook hands once, but that was all that was needed.

Now all they had to do was wait. 

Hello!

I hope you enjoyed this short chapter, and some small flashback of young Y/n and Wilbur :D 

Alright, now for the poll!

Should I make a small chapter where Ghost Y/n meets Revivebur? I know it's a bit in the future, but I'm not sure if I should wait to make it, (it might take a WHILE) or make it now. If you'd like, can you cast your vote on the equivalent comment? (Yes or No)

Yes, you should make that chapter.

No, you should wait.

Anyways, that'll be it for now!

Have a great day! :>