𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 ⇁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1935

"𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 . . .."

Y/n was quite tired, to say the least. She was rowing for a fairly long time, and her arms were starting to ache to the point where she had to take a quick break. The break didn't last long though, since the ghost didn't want to be a drag. After a few minutes, she stretched her arms before continuing to row. Ghostbur was right beside her the whole time, worry taking over his features. He was the one who insisted she had a break, but he was hoping for a longer one. It wasn't very pleasant to see her looking like she was about to pass out.

"Are you sure you don't want to rest a bit?" He'd ask, gesturing to the night sky. "It is late, after all."

"I just took a break 2 minutes ago, Ghostbur. I'm sure I can manage." Y/n assured, though she knew she was lying to herself. Her arms felt like they were about to fall off, and her hand was all cramped up. At least after all of this she'd probably be a bit stronger.

She lost count of how long they'd been in the middle of the sea, but it felt like hours. They left pretty late, and by the time she'd thought they were rowing for 30 minutes the sky was pitch black. That was probably why she was so tired, because the time got to her.

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" She asked, hinting at the last time they tried to visit L'manberg. It sure would be a complete waste of time if they went in circles again, and her patience was running thin.

"Positive. Tommy gave me a map of how to get there!" Ghostbur showed her the map, as she squinted while trying to make out its features.

Once she did, she felt rather . . . bummed. And disappointed. She truly wanted to throw herself in the water at this time.

Trying to calm her bubbling anger, she took a deep breath and narrowed her eyes at the ghost. It didn't really work. "For fuck's sake Ghostbur, the map is upside down."

(I haven't memorized all of L'manberg, including where everything should be. So, I'll be trying to imagine most of the time how it'd look like. Plus, I have created way more citizens so that it's kind of like some sort of village, instead of having only 10 people in the nation.)

"We're here!" Ghostbur announced gleefully, startling Y/n who was about to pass out from the exhaustion.

She slowly lifted her eyes from the mesmerizing waters, and was delighted to see that there seemed to be civilization here. In front of her gray eyes was a somewhat big building made out of wooden planks and logs with a pointed roof. It looked quite homy, despite how dark it currently was. There were lanterns on the porch, lighting up the area and shielding it from the monsters who ruled the night. There was a sign near it, and Y/n had to really concentrate her eyes to see what it said. Fishing Shop for all your needs.

The brunet directed her to one of the docks, which were almost completely empty. Using her last bit of strength and energy, she slowly and sort of pathetically rowed the boat towards it. Ghostbur was already on the dock, and took a stray rope he found and attached it to the small boat before tying it to the pole.

"There! Now, we can go give out all the invitations." He announced cheerfully, offering her a hand and heaving her up.

"This late? Can't we do it in the morning?" Y/n whined, barely being able to stand up and instead using a pole to balance herself.

"Oh, right." The ghost smiled sheepishly, before walking away and gesturing for her to follow.

"Where are we going?" She asked, trailing behind.