𝐉𝐮𝐦𝐩 ⇁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 2180

𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬?

Y/n took one last look at the distance between her and the bed, before bracing herself. She would have to be very precise to land on that bed, and she wasn't very good at aiming except on a bow. She took a deep breath before preparing herself. That is, until she chickened out.

"Er, why don't we just go to a smaller hill?" She suggested, ripping her eyes from the bed to look elsewhere.

"Oh, okay!"

The ghosts were now on a smaller hill, though it still stood tall. It wasn't much of a difference compared to the rocky one they were just on, except it was covered with grass and was a bit steeper. Flowers filled some spots, all different shades of colors. The grass hadn't been cut for a while, judging from the long strands that reached her knees.

Y/n still hesitated, peering down with a look of fear. She'd most probably die - again - of fall damage. Making up an excuse, she awkwardly turned to the ghost beside her. "Uh, why don't we visit L'manberg first? You know, just in case?"

"Oh, yes! We should. It is our priority after all." Ghostbur offered his hand, which she instantly accepted with a tinge of fright. "Are you ready?"

The y/h/c haired girl only mustered a feeble nod, gulping. She never did love these little flying travels. Her terror only spikes when they were up in the air, as she held on tighter to the brunet. She closed her gray eyes in an attempt to not look down, but the strong wind betrayed that they were floating.

Thankfully, Ghostbur noticed her fear and whispered words of comfort. He couldn't do much else, since this was the only way down. If he increased the speed of his flight, Y/n would surely only feel worse and perhaps even lose her grip on him.

After a few more minutes of flying, they were finally coming close to the ground. The ghost gently informed his friend (whose eyes were still shut) they were close to landing, as she let out an audible relieved sigh.

Once they landed, Y/n immediately flopped onto the grass. Ghostbur sat patiently beside her, playing with the long green strands. This has become a routine for them everytime they flew, and landed. She'd try to calm her rapidly beating heart, and used the grass to assure herself she was on land. The brunet sat down beside her, awaiting the continuance of their journey. Sometimes he started a conversation just to pass time, and also to distract her a bit. These were one of those times.

"Undoubtedly, your ability can't be flying." He stated with confidence before diving into a much needed explanation. "I can see you dislike it greatly, therefore the gods wouldn't give you the power to so. They'd know you have a fear of itm because gods know everything. If they gave you the ability to fly with that knowledge, that's be a bit inconsiderate. I don't believe they'd do that, since they are always nice and friendly. I'm quite lucky to have my ability, because I always dreamt of being up in the clouds. Perhaps you will have the ability you have longed for."

All along this explanation, Y/n realized two things.

Ghostbur puts way too much trust in everyone. The gods have done more nasty things than good, but yet he has faith that they would be considerate for a feeble little ghost. Perhaps he doesn't know the disastrous things they're capable of.

He reminded her of someone very familiar, and someone quite dear to her heart. Maybe it was because of his cheerful temperament, that never appeared to drop, or maybe it was his rather fancy vocabulary. Perhaps this was why she always felt the strong desire to be by his side. Because he reminded her of the old Wilbur. The one she had grown fond of fairly quickly. The one who always knew how to cheer her up. The one who's long gone.