𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 ⇁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1095

The pair darted out of the tent, zigzagging across the floors. They spotted a figure in the distance, right where Tommy had described it was. They couldn't see the figure very well, because of how dark it was. Y/n gave a quick nod to Tommy, before sprinting the direction she was assigned. The kid did the same while the figure finally spotted them. They practically jumped out of their skin, seeing both weapons pointed at them.

The fire lightened up their features, helping Y/n figure out who this stranger was. He surprisingly looked awfully familiar. The ghost was still trying to put a finger on who this was when Tommy revealed his identity.

"Ghostbur? Is that you, mate?"

But 'Ghostbur' was too busy gaping at Y/n, who put her axe down in confusion.

The child noticed this, and smiled proudly. "Oh, yeah. Y/n's a ghost now by the way, and I found her."

Once realization hit upon him, a huge bright smile came across his face. A second later, Y/n was wrapped in a hug. The ghost was overcome with happiness, letting her return the gesture. This was one of the few moments when she felt safe. She was out of harm's way, and she felt rather warm. Maybe it was because of that tingly feeling she felt at this moment, or maybe it was because of the warmth Ghostbur created. Either way, she started to feel blood rush to her face. Thanks to her pride, she blamed it on the bonfire she was pretty close to. But, she never really felt warmth even if she was beside a literal fire. She always felt cold. No matter what she did, the chill wouldn't go away. Until now.

After a few moments, Ghostbur pulled away, beaming. "Y/n! I thought you were gone!"

"You can't get rid of me that easily." Y/n twinkled, before a thought entered her mind. "Wait a moment, why do you have a gun?"

"A gun?" The brunet repeated, baffled.

"Yeah, Tommy said-" She started off with a perplexed look, until she got interrupted.

"Er, well I was mistaken. Turns out it was a fishing rod." Tommy chipped in, holding a fishing rod sheepishly.

"I- how did you get a fishing rod mixed up with a gun?" Y/n asked, holding back a laugh.

"That's not important. The important part is: how did you find us, Ghostbur? And why are you here?" The child resumed, a curious glint in his blue eyes. "Don't tell me Dream sent you?"

"No, Dream didn't send me. I was coming to visit you, but I couldn't find you anywhere. Hence, I decided to try and find you. Also, you can keep the fishing rod. I wanted to give it to you, and it might help you find some food." Ghostbur spoke, his voice high-pitched and cheery.

"Oh, good." Tommy let out a sigh of relief, visibly comforted. "How long were you searching for me?"

"I'm not sure. Possibly a few hours or so." He guessed, now taking the time to glance around. "You sure do have a nice campsite! Is this where you found Y/n?"

"Actually-" She was about to oppose, but was cut off.

"Yes, this is where I found her." The blue eyed boy nodded proudly,

"Wow, it must've taken you a long time!" Ghostbur remarked optimistically.

"It sure did. Now, uh, I think I should get back." Tommy said, shooting her an apologetic glance.

"Yeah, that's fine." Y/n nodded, smiling thinly. She understood what he meant by this, but even then she felt a bit saddened. She finally found him, and he was leaving just as quickly. "I'll wake up Annalise to say goodbye."

The blond gave her a thumbs up, as Ghostbur automatically started to follow her. The child gave him a confused look, which led him to stopping in his tracks.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I would like to spend as much time with her before we go." The ghost apologized sheepishly, turning back to his friend. "It's true that we might never see them again, right?"

"Well, it's not for sure. From what I heard, Y/n will be travelling back to L'manberg so you will see her quite often when you're there." He informed him, then smirked. "You can't get rid of her that easily."

"Annalise. Annalise. Annalise wake up. Wake up. Annalise. Annalise. Anna-"

"Okay, okay I'm up." Annalise groaned, finally opening up her eyes. "Why are you waking me up this early?"

"Tommy's going back, and I thought you'd like to know." Y/n told quietly.

"Oh, but he just got here." The noirette whined, obviously displeased with the announcement. "And he was a lot of fun too." She hastily sat up, and immediately went out of the tent without waiting for her friend.

The ghost smiled, getting up to follow her. It was hard to hate Tommy, no matter how much trouble he was. The feeling was mutual, because he finally gave in and told Annalise the whole story of how he was exiled.

"TOMMY! MY MAN! YOU'RE LEAVING SO SOON- hold on, who's that?" Was the voice she heard from outside, and she guessed that Annalise had just spotted Ghostbur.

"Hello! I'm Ghostbur, and you must be Annalise?" The brunet assumed, approaching the German girl as Y/n went outside.

"You are correct." Her friend confirmed, offering the ghost a hearty smile to which he gladly returned. "So you're Ghostbur, huh? I've heard lots about you."

"Mhm mhm," She tried to brush off, hoping Annalise wouldn't express everything she told her about him. "Well, I guess this is goodbye."

"Yeah, it was really nice-" Tommy started, but was cut off.

"Yes. I'm very sorry to interrupt this . . . heartfelt scene but I'd like to speak to Y/n for a moment." The noirette spoke, grabbing Y/n's arm and pulling her away from the group.

"Oh, okay. Go ahead!" Ghostbur called.

Once they were out of earshot, the ghost was about to ask what Annalise wanted to talk about but was beaten to it.

"Before you speak, hear me out. What if you stay with Tommy? Maybe you can visit L'manberg every so often, but the kid must be lonely." The girl suggested, feeling sympathy for him.

"That actually seems like a pretty nice idea! I'm sure Tommy wouldn't mind. Will you be coming with us?" She asked hopefully.

"Unfortunately, I can't. I'd love to come, but Hans still needs me."

"This is going to be a goodbye after all."

Hello!

Thank you for reading this short chapter! :D

I hope you enjoyed!

Have a great day!