14- Dilemma

Luna Mahira tried to remember all the events that happened today so that she could find out the reason behind her pup's condition.

From them entering the room to Vivaan losing control, pouncing on his father and at last moving to hurt that girl. But before Joy could hurt her, Aarjav's other son came in between.

Oh yes! She finally understood what had happened. Luna turned her face towards Alpha Aarjav with Joy's wolf head still in her lap.

"I think Joy is in this condition due to an Alpha Command which was made unconsciously by your son. Be quick and overrule that command," Luna urged with urgency clear in her voice.

"Alpha what? What the hell is going on? First they brought science with this weird experiment and now they are involving mathematics in this." Hritika scratched her head with confusion.

"Will you hurry?" Luna screamed at Alpha, ignoring Hritika altogether.

"And you please go and bring some clothes for my son," Luna ordered Nihal, though she added 'please' to remain polite.

"Why should I bother giving my clothes to him?" Nihal asked in a standoffish manner.

Luna sighed in irritation. "Do you want her to witness his naked form?" Luna asked with a sarcastic smile, pointing towards Hritika.

"I will bring the clothes," Nihal spoke through gritted teeth and went towards the room where he had kept his bags.

Hritika too followed Nihal, not wanting to stay in the presence of wolves anymore.

Entering the room, Hritika saw Nihal taking out his clothes aggressively.

"Can I know the reason behind the fake act you put up?" Hritika asked as they were the only people present inside the room.

Nihal stopped what he was doing and raised an eyebrow at her sudden question.

Hritika sighed at his antics.

"I know you heard everything from the bathroom. Then why did you act like you were unaware of Uncle's presence and didn't know what we talked about before entering the scene. Nihal, I know that you know about Uncle's infidelity," Hritika spoke out her frustration while going to sit on the bed.

Nihal left the clothes and came to sit beside her.

"What superpower do you have to always know when I am hiding something? And to answer the question, that man didn't deserve my reaction. That's it."

"Nihal, I know he doesn't deserve anything after doing this to you and Aunt but bottling your feelings would only do more harm. Let it out," Hritika advised, patting his shoulder.

Shrugging off her hand, Nihal stood up.

"Well all I feel now is anger. Do you want me to let it out? Because I have no problem going outside and letting out my anger on him. But I don't think that it would be enough to calm my mind. Even killing him won't be enough." Nihal punched the wall furiously.

"NIHAALLL," Hritika screamed and ran towards him to check his hand. She cried seeing his red knuckles.

Nihal pulled out his hand and took Hritika in a tight hug, muttering sorry.

"I am okay. Don't worry," he whispered as he wiped her tears.

"He was dead for me long ago. I just hate it that Mom trusted and waited for this liar," Nihal explained, this time in a calm voice.

"I hate him too but he is your father and you cannot kill him," Hritika stressed the word cannot, in case Nihal was having some weird ideas.

Nihal rolled his eyes at her tensed face.

"You are my only family left. Get this into your mind. And relax, I won't do anything that might bring you pain. So as much as I want to, I won't kill him," Nihal tried to cheer her up.

"Let's go," saying that Nihal picked up the clothes to give to his half brother.

Opening the room's door, they found the wolf's mother standing outside.

"It's impolite to eavesdrop," Nihal taunted.

"There was no need to eavesdrop as you two were speaking so loudly. Anyways, I came to take the clothes. Come out after 2-3 minutes. Till then Vivaan would have changed," Luna answered with the same amount of sass.

"Look at her treating us like unwanted guests when in reality it is the other way round," Hritika muttered under her breath.

Unfortunately, Luna Mahira heard it loud and clear because of her heightened senses.

Turning to face them, she smiled at them. "Sorry, I can't help it. It's in my blood to act as a ruler."

For Hritika and Nihal it sounded like sarcasm but they were unaware that it was an absolute truth.

"I understand your hatred but please keep your attitude to yourself. We will be leaving this town today and I don't plan to come back in your husband's life ever again. So be assured and forget that you ever met me," Nihal tried to reassure her.

Having seen her son's reaction, it was clear that they had no idea about his father's doings. Thinking that she was acting out because of hurt, he thought this was the best way to part their ways.

Luna Mahira smiled after hearing him.

"Staying in his life or not is your decision. And about me hating you, I am not sure. I am still in a dilemma whether to hate you or pity you. I would surely inform you when I am sure about my feelings towards you."

Mumbling a thank you, she took clothes from Nihal's hand and went away, leaving the cousins to ponder over her words.