97- Beta Couple

As Hritika opened the door of the office, she heard Nihal speaking to the leaders.

"I am confident that we will be able to change the minds of pack members. We will surely make them see that this situation is quite normal. But what I want to know is, whether the leaders would support the couple and take them in after that? I want to know whether are you willing to accept them in your pack."

"How will you convince the pack? It is not easy to change the minds of people," Alpha Aarjav asked.

"Says the one who brought technology into the pack," Nihal shook his head, before continuing, "This pack isn't a traditional pack that has closed their mind set. Most of the people here are open to learn new things. I am sure with the help of awareness program, we will make them understand and accept that not everyone is the same. That there's nothing wrong in being or liking someone different than they are used to."

"Did Vivaan contact you too?" Hritika whispered as she joined them again.

"No why?" Nihal whispered back.

Hritika's mouth turned up in thought, before she answered, "Because he too gave the suggestion of awareness program."

"Damn! Looks like we all are on the same page," Yara muttered with a small chuckle.

"Does Vivaan know about this fiasco?" Luna asked.

Hritika face palmed, having forgotten that there was no use of whispering in front of these people.

"Ah yes!" Nihal replied, "I called him yesterday night to inform about all this."

"Oh yeah! I totally forgot. He told me that you called to take permission for using Alpha Command if something went wrong." Luna wondered what was wrong with her. How could she forget something that has been the cause of her argument with Aarjav.

"Permission...," Beta trailed off, looking at Yara, silently asking if she knew something.

Yara looked uncomfortable for being put on spot, so Luna answered instead, "Nihal had promised that he wouldn't use his ability unless Hritika was in danger. However, the situation was dangerous here so he called to ask for Vivaan's permission."

"Yeah, I didn't want to break the promise, but I couldn't let anyone kill the couple just for being mates," Nihal said.

"Sooo...what's the verdict? Are the leaders ready to accept them in the pack or....not?" Hritika asked with raised eyebrows.

"If you all can convince pack members, I will gladly accept them," Alpha Aarjav said.

For the first time in his life, Beta disagreed with the Alpha. "I cannot come to the terms with this absurdity. Sorry, but this isn't something I can accept."

"But Dad—" Yara protested, but he showed her his palm.

"You don't need to worry, I won't harm them. But please, don't expect acceptance from my side. This isn't something I can wrap my mind around."

Nihal held Yara's hand, and assured her with his eyes that everything would be fine.

"Gamma, what about you?" Yara asked hesitantly, her hopes had dimmed after her father's rejection.

"I have always said that mates are Moon Goddesses blessing. I don't care who they are, as long as they are mates, I will protect them."

The chef and the warrior let out a huge sigh of relief. There was someone willing to help them.

"Thank you," Nihal said, before turning towards Luna with hopeful eyes.

"Convince me along with the pack members. I am not entirely sure at the moment, so I will make the decision at the end of your awareness program."

Nihal nodded with a small smile. Even if it wasn't an instant win, he was glad for the opportunity.

"Who will lead the awareness program?" Alpha asked. "Even if you all work together, someone has to lead to make things work in order. Vivaan and Rehyaa both aren't here."

Luna counter questioned, before the youngsters could answer the Alpha. "Who leads the pack in the absence of the Alpha couple?"

"Beta," Alpha said instantly out of reflex, not needing a second to think about it.

"Exactly. If the future Alpha and Luna aren't here, then the Beta couple will take the lead for this situation. Yara and Nihal will be the first authority, followed by the future Gamma," Luna said, raising her eyebrows towards Nihal and Yara for their affirmation.

"Nihal is an Alpha heir, not a Beta," Alpha Aarjav huffed.

"I am Beta's mate too." Nihal rolled his eyes at his father, "Plus I kinda like the term 'Beta Couple'," he said as he discreetly winked at Yara.

Yara tried hard to not blush in front of the elders, while Sachi fanned herself, drowning in the pool of happiness.

"Alright then, everything is sorted out now," Alpha clapped his hands once, before signaling the end of the meeting.

"Should we...should we hide until then?" Gaurav, the chef asked, before everybody could leave the room.

"Damn! I totally forgot." Hritika face palmed, before turning towards the couple, "Alpha of the Midnight pack has forwarded his invitation to you both. He is ready to accept you two as his pack members until the merger."

"Alpha of the Midnight pack," Gamma frowned, but rolled his eyes when he understood. "Gosh! Sometimes the future Alpha, sometimes the second heir, and sometimes the Alpha of Midnight pack. Why can't they just say Vivaan instead of confusing everyone," Gamma muttered in frustration, making everyone chuckle.

One by one, all of them got out of the office except the Alpha. The Beta and Gamma went to their respective offices, while Hritika, Nihal, Yara moved towards the stairs along with the new couple to go to their home.

"Nihal wait," Luna called out, "Can I speak to you for a second?"

Nihal nodded, before asking others to leave without him.

"Yes?" He asked, as he walked towards her.

Luna Mahira took a deep breathe, before looking at him again.

"I wanted to apologize to you."

"Apologize...? Why?" Nihal's eyebrows got furrowed at the sudden apology.

"Since few days, I have been constantly doubting your intentions," Luna confessed, before chuckling, "Looks like old age is getting to me. I have been loosing all the coolness I had when we first met."

Nihal smiled gently at her, "You were cool back then and you are cool even now."

Luna shook her head at his words.

"No, seriously. Given the back to back situations, you have every right to be cautious of me. I am sure that if my mom was in your place, she would have been suspicious of Vivaan too.

"Given our circumstances,
doubting me, hating me is all natural
But still being level-headed and always making a fair decision...that's what makes you unique. To side with me when I am right, even when you hate my existence; you are exceptional. You are a true leader Luna Mahira."

Hearing his words made Mahira's heart calm down. She had been feeling guilty after she saw the trust Vivaan had in Nihal. She always knew in the small part of her heart that Nihal was a good person, but still she couldn't help but let her insecurities show.

"Thank you for understanding. Let me just correct you about one thing, I might be wary of you, but I cannot hate you; not when you don't have a single evil bone in you."

They both ended the conversation, making peace in their heart. Luna Mahira and Nihal, both knew creating a bond between them was impossible, but they both respected each other thoroughly. And that was enough.