73- A full Blown Conversation

Joy came to an abrupt halt when Luna Mahira mind-linked him.

"Vivaan, are you awake?"

"It's Joy, Mom. We came out for a run," Joy answered.

"Joy, we received a call from Peaceful pack's Alpha. The girls of the Midnight pack have smelled rogues scent and hence we need to hurry."

"We haven't even informed the pack till now. What are we going to do?" Joy asked with worry.

"I am leaving with Beta and Gamma to fetch the girls. By that time, please arrange some rooms for them. Aarjav will inform the pack after two hours as everyone would be sleeping right now," Luna explained.

"Take Yara's help as we need to make rooms comfortable for girls." Luna added.

Joy answered in affirmative and closed the mind-link. He yelped when he saw Hritika sitting near him with a bored face.

Hritika too had paused when she saw Joy had stopped running. She shouted to ask about the sudden stop as she was at the other end of the ground. Not receiving an answer, she jogged towards him. She opened her mouth to ask again but closed it as she saw his glazed eyes. She waited patiently for a few minutes but then plopped down on the ground when she noticed that his conversation wasn't going to end anytime soon.

Joy let out a small growl as his ego was bruised upon being scared of a human but in his defense, he wasn't really expecting Hritika to be sitting there, waiting for him. He huffed upon seeing an amused smile on Hritika's face and left the area to shift back into his human form.

"I can't believe that I, who is scared of wolves, managed to frighten the hell out of an Alpha wolf." Hritika teased as soon as Vivaan came back.

"Yeah yeah, it was a big victory for you. Go ahead and mark this day as your biggest achievement," Vivaan said, annoyed at himself.

Hritika chuckled looking at his pouting face.

"Jokes aside, who wanted to talk with you at this hour?" Hritika questioned curiously.

"Thanks for reminding. We need to cut our training session today. I have some work." Vivaan spoke apologizing  as he turned to leave after he received Hritika's reassuring nod.

He stopped after taking a few steps as an idea came to his mind and returned back to Hritika.

"What? Did you forget something?" Hritika asked as he saw him return.

"No, I didn't forget anything," Vivaan replied with a slight shake of his head.

"Actually, I need to prepare rooms for the guests that are coming. Mom asked me to take Yara's help as the guests are girls but instead of waking her from sleep, I thought if you could help me...," Vivaan trailed off hopefully.

"Why will you prepare the room by yourself? Don't you have like hundreds of workers?" Hritika asked with a confused frown.

"We were going to ask the workers to prepare it in the afternoon but the timings got changed and the guests would be coming early. Everyone would have extra work on their hands today so instead of waking them up early for a mudane work seems a little cruel," Vivaan answered with a small shrug.

"Oh! Okay. I understand your point. You go first, I will join you after taking a shower," Hritika said, making a yuck face at her sweaty body.

Vivaan chuckled, before nodding at her.

"Meet me at your previous room on the first floor," Vivaan said before waving her bye.

Hritika soon came near her previous room where Vivaan was already present, looking at the floor with a confused frown.