91- Happy tears

Yara and Nihal stood side by side as they washed the utensils. Seeing that none of them knew how to cook, they decided to help Hritika by taking up the task of cleaning up after dinner.

"Are Vivaan and Rehyaa back yet?" Nihal asked, while making a yuck face at the oily utensil.

"Not yet. Maybe they are taking time. After all, the girls are visiting their home again."

"True. Let's just hope they come back soon."

Yara paused mid-rinsing, to look at Nihal, "Why? Do you need to discuss something important with them?" Nihal seemed desperate for their return.

"Nah, it's actually nothing to do with them. I am going to the town for a meeting. So I was hoping to take you with me. But that can't happen if Vivaan and Rehyaa aren't here. Until they come, the whole responsibility of the awareness program is on you and Hritika. For our date to happen, we need them to come and relieve you from your duties."

"Date?" Yara asked with wide eyes as red hue started spreading on her cheeks.

Not having seen Yara's face, Nihal assumed that Yara didn't know the meaning of date. He started explaining it in plain terms, unknown to that fact that Yara's heart was pounding with happiness.

"I don't really know how to explain more on this, but it is sort of romantic outing," Nihal muttered, as he finally turned to face her.

He grinned as he saw her flustered face. Hastily wiping out his hands, he took out his mobile to capture the moment.

"Hey!!" Yara shouted as Nihal clicked her photos. "This is so embarrassing. Stop it."

She started trying to snatch his mobile from him. Nihal raised his hand to keep the mobile away from her. Yara tried a few times unsuccessfully to get the mobile, before taking a huge leap. She finally managed to grab the mobile, but in the process both of them came too close to each other. Their hands which were raised above, clutched each other while the mobile stayed in the middle, as they stared at each other. Unknowingly, their faces started leaning towards each other and were just about to touch when—

"What the hell is wrong with Uncle?"

Nihal and Yara jumped apart as they heard Hritika cursing loudly. Nihal coughed, moving a step away, while Yara smoothened the non-existent creases on her top.

Hritika soon entered the kitchen to see the couple looking here and there, not meeting each other's eyes. Sensing the awkward atmosphere, Hritika said, "I will come back later."

"No."

"There's no need."

Both of them blurted out together.

"Okayyy." Hritika drawled out, amused by their red faces. She stifled her smile, trying hard to not comment on the obvious tension.

"What happened? You were cursing dad? What did he do again?" Nihal asked hurriedly, trying to get her observant eyes away from them.

Hritika rolled her eyes, "Nice tactic. Don't worry, I am not interested in talking about....about whatever you are trying to hide."

"Hritika," Nihal said with gritted teeth, eyeing towards an uncomfortable Yara, before gesturing with his hands to change the topic.

"Oh...I...," Hritika fumbled but got back on track in a second, "Oh yes! Vivaan messaged me. He and Rehyaa cannot come back until the procedure of combining the packs is over. As an Alpha, Vivaan has to stay in the Midnight pack. Although Vivaan assured me that he will manage, Uncle should have informed that first before they went on with the coronation. How can he just throw this upon them unexpectedly?" Hritika huffed, feeling bad for Vivaan and Rehyaa.