75- Test

Vivaan wanted to go along with Rehyaa but Luna asked him to follow her. Reluctantly, he agreed and followed her towards the small garden filled with variety of flowers.

Luna gestured the gardeners to leave them alone and faced Vivaan.

"Vivaan, I know you are excited and really happy to find your mate. Heck, we all are happy but please don't forget the situation. Her mind would be in chaos right now. So, make sure to expect little to nothing from her side for the time being," Luna said, looking hopefully at her son.

She frowned as she saw an amused smile perch upon Vivaan's lips, instead of an understanding look she had expected.

"Sorry sorry." Vivaan apologized admist his chuckles when he saw his mom frowning.

"It's just that, Hritika had already spoken something around these lines when we were discussing the possibility of Alpha's daughter finding her mate," he explained.

"You informed her about the real situation?" Luna stated, raising her one eyebrow.

Vivaan's expression turned serious as he answered her question. "It was more like a test."

"Test?" Luna probed, curiously.

Vivaan nodded before responding, "Yup, a test. She is fierce, daring, open-minded, smart, comes with awesome solutions in a blink of an eye, maintains calm and guides everyone where the situation has turned chaos, doesn't hesitate to point out if I am wrong and so many other qualities that it would be difficult to name them all. I needed to check a last thing before asking her––"

"––To be your Gamma," Luna finished, earning a small smile from Vivaan.

"So you want to check her loyalty by informing her about the situation that has to be kept a secret from everybody." Luna guessed.

"No, there's no doubt on her loyalty. I have that much trust in her. I want to see if she will defy my order incase she finds it unnecessary or stupid," Vivaan explained.

Looking at Luna's confused face, he elaborated, "I asked her to keep this situation a secret from Nihal, knowing fully well about the current scenario. Forget gossiping, Nihal does not even speak with other pack members. Hence, I want to see if she would defy my orders or not."

Luna nodded in understanding. "You don't want to see a repeat scene when Gamma defied Alpha Aarjav's order and broke Alpha's promise within a second it was made."

"Yes. My Gamma has the permission to point out my mistakes but that should happen when we are discussing things and not when I have already issued an announcement to other pack members."

"Mom, can we talk about this later?" Vivaan asked, bouncing on his feet.

"Sure, go ahead," Luna Mahira laughed, "but remember to be patient," she advised.

"I know Mom, we already spoke about this." Vivaan was getting impatient now.

"Not about that. I am asking you to keep your temper in check. She has been brought up in a traditional pack while you have been raised with modern values. The thought process would be different, so please be patient and discuss the problems calmly." She guided him, hoping for their relationship to move smoothly without any major hurdles.

Hearing her, Joy took over Vivaan. "Don't worry, Mom. I will take over as soon as I feel that Vivaan is getting angry."

"What about you? Won't you get angry as well?" Luna asked, pinching his cheeks.

"I maybe the most short tempered wolf but I can never get angry on my mate. That's all the human traits, pfft," Joy answered, sounding like an almighty.

"Can we go now?" Joy asked just as desperately.

Luna laughed before waving him bye. Joy gave back the control to Vivaan after taking a promise to let him meet his mate soon.

Vivaan ran towards the rooms in a jetspeed and found Gamma standing there with Rehyaa alone.

"Here comes your mate," Gamma said as soon as Vivaan entered his sight.

"All the girls are settled in. Now take your mate and go," Gamma ordered Vivaan, who was more than happy to know that he didn't have to wait anymore.

Rehyaa visibly calmed down after seeing Vivaan. Even if Gamma had informed her that Vivaan would come soon to take her, she was still scared that maybe he would ditch her and won't come at all.

"Let's go," Vivaan whispered with a wide smile.

"Vivaan," Gamma called out.

"Yes?"

"Don't repeat Yara's mistakes. This month is very crucial. Don't leave your mate's side," Gamma advised.

Vivaan dutifully nodded before leaving with Rehyaa. Rehyaa was confused regarding Yara's situation but kept quiet as many other thoughts roamed in her mind.