23- Blackmail

Most of the Alphas stood up enraged and shocked with these news but the most affected was Luna Mahira. She snarled, her hands shifting into claws as she attacked Alpha Aarjav.

Nihal and Hritika quietly stood up and went to stand near the door, in case the fight turned ugly and they had to run.

"How dare you do this to my mate?" She growled, her voice mixing with Reva's.

Though their human side weren't ideal mates, both wolves loved each other dearly.

"Reva, calm down. Aarav is okay, nothing has happened to him," Alpha Aarjav tried his best to assure her but didn't try to save himself from her claws.

"I won't believe a single word from your mouth. Ask Aarav to takeover," Reva demanded.

Alpha Aarjav sighed but did what was asked.

Aarav took over and consoled Reva who cried in his arms. She couldn't dare to imagine the pain her mate had went through because of his own human.

Vivaan fisted his hands, looking at his crying mother. He marched over to Nihal with furious steps.

"This is all because of you. If it wasn't for you and your mom then this situation wouldn't have arised," Vivaan spoke through gritted teeth.

Hurt and anger was clear in his voice. Vivaan so wanted to shred Nihal into tiny pieces but for a change it was Joy who told him to calm down.

Nihal gave Vivaan a disbelieving look. Pointing a finger at himself, he  sarcastically asked, "Are you sure that all this happened because of me? As far as I have heard, dad did all this before I was born. Plus Mom and I weren't even aware of your kind, so please don't blame us for his stupid decisions. Let's not try and put blame on each other. Our father made multiple mistakes and that's all on him and not on us."

The whole room had gone silent by now. Reva and Aarav had also given back the control to Luna Mahira and Alpha Aarjav.

"He is right, Vivaan. Their presence might have caused a huge impact  in our lives but they are not at fault. Their situation is more or less like us. Both the families have been cheated by Alpha Aarjav. So let's not point fingers at each other," Luna Mahira explained calmly, and gestured Vivaan to come back to his seat.

Just like that the calm and composed Luna was back. Now that she had confirmed that Aarav was okay, she came back to her usual poise.

Vivaan nodded and returned back to his seat, but not before giving Nihal a long, hard stare.

"Everyone please take your seats," Alpha of Peaceful pack requested.

"Alpha Aarjav, what you did was wrong on many levels but we can't do anything as you did this to yourself and not someone else. Please refrain from doing this again. Now, please tell us if there was any reason behind your gruesome act. As Luna Mahira rightly said, you have cheated on two families, destroyed their trust and broken their hearts," Alpha of Peaceful pack enquired.

"I don't think that's any of your concern. This is my personal matter and does not concern the council," Alpha Aarjav cooly refused.

"It does concern the council when your personal matter has gotten us a human heir with a birthmark darker than your werewolf son", Alpha of Moonshine pack sneered, banging his hands with a thud on the table.

"Why bother creating a suspense? Just spit out the truth. Tell us that did you forget about your wife as you met your mate. I heard from your people in the town that mate bond ignites love. So, I guess you forgot your human family as mate bond did its work," Hritika spoke.

All these days they were in the town, she did her best to learn about these species so that they couldn't overpower Nihal. She was quiet all this time, observing everybody but lost her patience seeing her Uncle's attitude.

"It's nothing like that Hritika. I never forgot about them. There wasn't a single minute, when I had not missed Kavya and Nihal," Alpha Aarjav answered her but looked at Nihal with a hope that at least he would believe him.

"I am really tired of everyone making assumptions and trying to figure everything out. Can't you just blurt out everything? Instead of talking in circles, can't you just explain everything for once?" Nihal pleaded in a tired tone.

Alpha Aarjav sighed but gave up. His smartness, his attitude, his ego, he gave up everything as he saw Nihal's resigned face. After so many years, he got to see him. He didn't want to lose his son ever again.

"I was blackmailed. Blackmailed to leave you guys, blackmailed to stay with my mate, blackmailed to produce an heir," Alpha Aarjav spoke, his head bowed with shame.

Yet again, Alpha Aarjav's words managed to shock the hell out of everyone.

*****
Aarav- Name of Alpha Aarjav's wolf